News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Interphone VL-290 (The Prisoner, TV, 1967)

Started by gpo706, October 20, 2015, 10:33:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I was right, I was only 10 ;D

In 1967 they would have appeared to be futuristic phones. Pretty cool design. Where did you find them CJ?
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

Thanks guys.  :)
And thank you for the 'Likes'.

Quote from: HarrySmith on October 24, 2022, 04:51:17 PM...In 1967 they would have appeared to be futuristic phones. Pretty cool design. Where did you find them...

All I will confess to is the last (only) pair I saw sold for (in my opinion) silly money. In order to get these I had to pay silly money plus.
:-[
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

tubaman

Quote from: FABphones on October 25, 2022, 10:02:11 AMThanks guys.  :)
And thank you for the 'Likes'.

All I will confess to is the last (only) pair I saw sold for (in my opinion) silly money. In order to get these I had to pay silly money plus.
:-[

If the money was available and they make you happy then you'd have only regretted not buying them.
 :)

david@london

...i suspect that they will also hold their value, esp. in that box-fresh condition. An investment.

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: HarrySmith on October 24, 2022, 02:31:30 PMIt was also in the US. Probably before your time.  I was a kid when I watched it.
Before my time?  I am 67 years old.

Mike

HarrySmith

OK  Sorry, I did not know that. Guess we are both members of the old farts club ;D
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

SUnset2

I remember watching "The Prisoner" on TV in the US in the late 70s or early 80s, so at least in some areas it was repeated from time to time.

FABphones

Quote from: SUnset2 on October 27, 2022, 12:30:54 AMI remember watching "The Prisoner" on TV in the US in the late 70s or early 80s, so at least in some areas it was repeated...

The Prisoner has aired many times over the years. Currently 55 years since it's first showing.

Three additional (unoriginal) colours of Interphone can be seen on the desk of Number 2.

The Village ('public') phones were in their original colourway, each having their cord removed for that futuristic cordless phone appearance.

TelePlay

The complete "Prisoner" series including not only the 17 episodes but also the trailers and other descriptive videos is currently available on the ROKU  channel for free if you have a ROKU device, through your ROKU device.

I've had a ROKU Express connected to my WiFi and TV (HDMI) for years providing quite a variety of Programming, well worth the one time low price device purchase.

TelePlay

That was a really small car . . .

Opening scenes.

tubaman

Quote from: TelePlay on October 27, 2022, 10:08:53 AMThat was a really small car . . .

It's a Lotus 7, an iconic British sports car.

Doug Rose

Very Sharp car indeed!!
Kidphone

FABphones

Quote from: TelePlay on October 27, 2022, 10:08:53 AMThat was a really small car . . .

Always amuses me when he puts the ticket into the machine to enter the House of Parliament underground car park. The car is so low he drives through before the barrier has lifted.
;D

—-

« The "KAR 120C" used in the original filming was a Lotus Super 7 series II »

There were three Lotus 7 vehicles used for the series. The first was sold abroad and written off in a racing accident.

TelePlay

For what it's worth, this is THE Lotus 7 Series II used in the Prisoner with its specs.

The Lotus 7 only had 95 horsepower but only had to move a 1,025 pounds vehicle. In comparison, the similar sized 1958 Corvette had a 270 horsepower V8 to move a 2,926 pound vehicle, about the same ratio as the Lotus 7.

FABphones

Taking a 'Google walk', good to see Number 6's residence (scenes shot on location, London, UK) has a conveniently nearby K6 telephone kiosk.

:)