News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Find of the Month - October 2010

Started by Dennis Markham, October 28, 2010, 09:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Had the October 2010 Find of the Month?

Kenny's 302
4 (25%)
Bushman's Ericssson "Eiffel Tower"
10 (62.5%)
Kidphone's N.E.T. Walnut Ringer Box
1 (6.3%)
Kidphone's Beige 236-G Pay Phone
0 (0%)
wds2185's Stromberg Carlson Stick/Subset
1 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

AE_Collector

Quote from: Kidphone on October 29, 2010, 10:41:27 AM
Not to offend Dan or Harry, I still think Bushman's Ericcson "Eiffel Tower" or "skeletal" phone is the find of the year IMHO. Taking into consideration it was "payment" for work done and the really amazing condition, needing only the mouthpiece; this would definitely be my find of the year. This is just my opinion on what I collect and what I dream finding. This is not meant to demean anyone's great find, just my opinion and not intended to insult anyones great finds this year or in any year. Just one man's opinion....Doug

Absolutely!!! Everyone has their own favorites and therefore what is the find of the year for one person is ho hum for another. I worried a little about offending you Doug by saying what I said but it was really just me joking "Wait a minute" what about DP's find!" It likely set the record for the longest thread if nothing else!

For me, a $25 flea market find of an early colored AE set would be my find of the year.

Terry

Doug Rose

Quote from: ae_collector on October 29, 2010, 09:50:00 PM
Quote from: Kidphone on October 29, 2010, 10:41:27 AM
Not to offend Dan or Harry, I still think Bushman's Ericcson "Eiffel Tower" or "skeletal" phone is the find of the year IMHO. Taking into consideration it was "payment" for work done and the really amazing condition, needing only the mouthpiece; this would definitely be my find of the year. This is just my opinion on what I collect and what I dream finding. This is not meant to demean anyone's great find, just my opinion and not intended to insult anyones great finds this year or in any year. Just one man's opinion....Doug

Absolutely!!! Everyone has their own favorites and therefore what is the find of the year for one person is ho hum for another. I worried a little about offending you Doug by saying ewhat I said but it was really just me joking "Wait a minute" what about DP's find!" It likely set the record for the longest thread if nothing else!

For me, a $25 flea market find of an early colored AE set would be my find of the year.

Terry
Terry...no offense taken whatsoever my friend...Doug
Kidphone

Jester

I think any of us who have been doing this awhile have dreamed of having one of these skeletal phones.  Their look is way too cool to pass on--who cares if it works?  And to have one make a trip up your sidewalk & set in your hand...well! ::)
Stephen

HarrySmith

Agreed, I am not an Ericcson collector and do not like the look of many of thier phones but I would display one of these because it  just looks so very cool :)
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Kenny C

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on October 31, 2010, 11:18:54 PM
no offense but I'm strictly WE.
Kenny...why limit yourself? There are plenty of really great looking phones out there besides WE   What is more eye catching than an AE34? AE50? Kellogg had many great phones, myself; I love the Red Bar 1000. 925 Ashtray phone very Deco if you can find on in one piece. I'm just trying to broaden those horizons....Doug
Kidphone

Dennis Markham

I have added the "Poll" to the top of this posting.  I set the timer for 14 days to cast your votes.  Each member is allowed one vote and the software is set so that one may change their vote if they desire.

Good luck to the nominees.
 I think this one may be a slam-dunk though.

Doug Rose

as much as I love my walnut ringer (how the Hell did that get in there!!!) and my payphone that is now in the possession of the master payphone refurber, I still contend the winner to be Bushman and his wonderful Skeleton phone....Doug
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: Kidphone on November 16, 2010, 11:21:23 AM
as much as I love my walnut ringer (how the Hell did that get in there!!!) and my payphone that is now in the possession of the master payphone refurber, I still contend the winner to be Bushman and his wonderful Skeleton phone....Doug

Not to sway anyone. But I agree with Doug. (sorry Kenny).
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Dennis Markham

Only 13 votes out of over 400 registered members (so far).  I know only a fraction of those are regulars but there must be more regulars out there than 13. 

Dennis Markham

Looks like Bushman has bragging rights for October 2010.  His Ericsson "Eiffel Tower" phone is officially the find of the month, and most likely the find of the year.

Congratulations Bushman!

Here is the original post:

http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=3555.15