Find of the Month - January 2015

Started by AE_Collector, January 01, 2015, 06:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - January 2015    *Vote for Two*

andre_janew's red WE2500 for $10 plus $12.85 shipping on eBay
2 (7.7%)
Alexander's black AE Monophone desk set for $12.50 plus $9 shipping on eBay
2 (7.7%)
SargeGuy's Southern Massachusetts Telephone Company Badges for $128 each on eBay
3 (11.5%)
LarryInMichigan's Australian 802 for $37.89 total on eBay
4 (15.4%)
WEBellSystemChristian's all-1956 (except for the cords) red WE 500 for $21.05 plus $16.50 shipping on eBay
5 (19.2%)
HarrySmith's painted Green AE 35 for $5 from Roger Conklin's collection at Maitland
12 (46.2%)
Mr. Bones' project Ivory 302 purchased from Kenton K for $50.00 plus $12 shipping
4 (15.4%)
Compubit's pink "1 and a half" Trimline for $45.61 total on eBay
2 (7.7%)
Autonut's 1950's type 9A telephone booth for $350.00 CDN ($275 US) plus $30 CDN ($24 US) in gas to pick it up from the seller
8 (30.8%)
Fabius' "United" telephone sign in excellent condition for $200 plus $15 for shipping
6 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Doug Rose

Harry....are you leaving the AE35 as it is or stripping it? It sure is a beauty.

As for the WE 500 set, can you list a January find in February? Curious minds want to know  ::)  ....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

Doug, I have not decided yet. Every time I show pictures to non-phone people it is the first one they point out, "What a neat color" or something like that. I was going to start a thread here about it when I start clean up.

I am not sure if it is OK to post in the next month. There already is one entered for this month that was from last month.

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Quote from: HarrySmith on February 08, 2015, 09:29:07 AM
Has there ever been a back to back winner?

In a word, YES, but not since 2011:

2011 - 07   John S  **  collection of 3 WECo sets
2011 - 06   JimH  **  202/D1 c/w E1 handset, #4 dial and 684 subset
2011 - 05   JimH  **  1958 White 500
2011 - 04   pbghmike77  **  28 B's & D's

TelePlay

Quote from: Doug Rose on February 08, 2015, 09:37:17 AM
As for the WE 500 set, can you list a January find in February? Curious minds want to know  ::)  ....Doug

Doug, and Harry.

Terry has stated somewhere in this topic that a  member can nominate another members phone or phone item (or their own phone or phone item) "found" in January in February if the owning member had a different phone nominated in January (to get around the two phones in one month rule); the phone was "found" in January but not received in the mail until February or the phone was received in the last one or two days of the month with not enough time to post it in January.

January and February are used as examples, this would apply to any consecutive months. We saw this with two member's items in December and January (Larry's phones and Greg's pins). There is that leeway but as far as I can remember, those are the only exceptions. Terry may want to chime in on this and correct me if I misspoke, if he can tear himself away from that cold Pina Colada stuck to his hand long enough to log in and type something coherent . . .  ;)

-----------

EDIT:  Found it, or at least one occurrence of it - "If you have already entered for the month and come up with something even better either submit your new find indicating that it replaces your previous entry OR you can enter your new Find in next months contest."

Doug Rose

Sorry guys....only kidding on February posts, a good phone is a good phone no matter when it was purchased.

Harry....if it was mine I would strip it as bakelite is so easy to strip.....but you are correct, it is a neat color. A pleasant dilemma indeed!!...Doug
Kidphone

AE_Collector

Quote from: TelePlay on February 08, 2015, 10:17:12 AM
Terry may want to chime in on this and correct me if I misspoke, if he can tear himself away from that cold Pina Colada stuck to his hand long enough to log in and .....

Nope....sorry....no time, Gotta Go.....

Terry