Previous topic - Next topic

Find of the Month - March 2016

Pourme's NE 2236 TT 3 slot payphone for $50 from a local Antique Store
6 (15.8%)
Autonut's 1959 NE Soft Plastic Beige 500 $8.00 plus $18.00 shipping on eBay
2 (5.3%)
LarryInMichigan's Automatic Electric Type 21 candlestick for a total of $73.15
12 (31.6%)
WEBellSystemChristian's 1959 Jade Green AE90 on eBay for $7.50 and $5.50 shipping
13 (34.2%)
TelePlay's date matching 10/11-53 WE round button three line WE 444E for $16.54 all in
4 (10.5%)
Fabius' Ships Phone by Henschel Corp. Amesburg, MASS $14.50 plus $18 shipping
1 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: April 09, 2016, 12:49:57 AM

AE_Collector

Just noticed....we've got another TIE!

Lots of voters this time but if anyone hasn't voted yet, please do. Help us break the tie or we will need to have yet another run off vote.

Terry

Argee

AE_Collector

We did it again.....a Find of the Month that didnt need a run-off vote! I sort of hate having a winner declared by a single vote but "it is what it is". And we blew away last months Impressive number of voters (28) with this months Very Impressive number...38 voters.

So Christian and his Colonial Blue errr Bleen err Jade Green AE 90 emerged victorious this month! I am sure that Christian was disappointed that it wasn't a Super Rare Colonial Blue AE 90 but it is a Very Nice and Very Old AE 90 in Jade Green. Congratulations Christian!!

Of course we certainly need to congratulate Larry on his excellent find this month, filling that AE void in his collection. Larry is a regular in the Find of the Month Winners Circle having won as recently as last month so he will be back to Win again real soon.

Lots of great finds again this month. Thanks to everyone for nominating and voting. It would certainly be nice to repeat the voter turn out of this month again real soon! Thanks everyone.

To check out a list of all past winners including the Find of the YEAR winners click here:  http://www.classicrotaryphones.com/forum/index.php?topic=12971.0

Terry

Fabius

Congratulations to WEBellSystemChristian!

I had almost no competition for last place. I just blew the competition away.

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

AE_Collector

But just one more vote Fabius and you would have pulled into a tie for fifth place overall and with all the phones bought and sold by everyone world wide in March....I'm thinking that isn't half bad at all!

Terry

andre_janew

He must've voted for his own phone!

unbeldi

Quote from: andre_janew on April 09, 2016, 02:26:46 PM

Huh?   oh, nobody does that here.   ???

AE_Collector

I Guess that I should just keep quiet but in this case I know that indeed he did not vote for his own phone. Don't anyone worry, there isnt a big 60 inch LCD screen on my wall hooked into CRPF central tabulating whom everyone voted for and why. That screen is ar Dennis' place! It is just that in some circumastances deductions can be made from the info on hand. My "just one more vote" comment was a bit tongue in cheek because of that.

Terry

TelePlay

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 09, 2016, 08:58:59 PM

I Guess that I should just keep quiet but in this case I know that indeed he did not vote for his own phone.

Yes, indeed, that is the case because I know who voted for his phone and it wasn't him, or me. But don't ask, the name of that member has been filed away with the Auction Contest Standings Official Records kept in a hermetically sealed Mayonnaise Jar stored underneath the back porch of Funk & Wagnalls' and opened only upon completion of an Auction Contest for revision by way of a double audited Statistical Analysis Updating, which does not include the reading of any such miscellaneous documents stored for posterity within that vault level system.

And, I didn't even vote for my 444E so thank you to those members who did, much appreciated. On to April's nominations . . .

WEBellSystemChristian

Little bit of a late reply, but thanks for nominating me!!! Even those who didn't win still show great sportmanship! :)

There were a few here who really deserved more votes than they got. This is one month that I can say everyone's find was great! 8)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Pourme

I have been on the road lately and am late to respond.... Congrats to Christian on the win...Oh, I did vote for my own phone.....thought that was how it's done!.....Ha!

I love this forum and appreciate all the help everyone here freely gives.....Thanks!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

AE_Collector

Of course we expect that most will vote for their own "Find" and normally we don't discuss who we have voted for...unless we want to! One has to put a lot of thought into their votes considering the prize money at stake!

Terry

unbeldi

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 15, 2016, 11:40:04 AM
Of course we expect that most will vote for their own "Find" and normally we don't discuss who we have voted for...unless we want to! One has to out a lot of thought into their votes considering the prize money at stake!

Terry

The voice of the people shall not be ignored!
I hope this is not a corrupt rigged voting system, favoring the wealthy rich who can buy votes and suppress the innocent in the system !

LMAO,  :'(

Fabius

Quote from: AE_Collector on April 15, 2016, 11:40:04 AM

I hope this is not a corrupt rigged voting system, favoring the wealthy rich who can buy votes and suppress the innocent in the system !

LMAO,  :'(

Of course votes can't be bought in this fraternity of phone collector. Which reminds me: my votes are available for one year in exchange for an early short ear first year WECO 302. Ethically I can not accept cash.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Pourme

Hopefully we can all work together to make the Find of the Month "Great Again"....

I'll be here all weekend..........
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service