Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

kka2446

Hello Again,
This is John, the Seller of the Gray 34-A10 with an update on the eBay Auction re-list. I apologize for taking down the
auction. At the time I expected the 21B Key I'd ordered to open the top, no luck. The issue is/was I have 4 different keys, 29S, 29A, 10G and a 21B..none of them fit into the keyway of the Gray lock. The lock appears original. 

Yes I can grind the keys down with the hopes a 29S will fit, but I'd have a thinner key, if it would even fit. Solution...I've ordered a replacement 29S lock and key that will arrive this Sat 11/24.

How did I get inside ?  After much key trail and error, I removed the 4 screws securing the coin box/phone plus the 3 screws securing the coin box to the backplate in order to access the inside of the phone.

The top left and lower right 'phone screws' are threaded ( installed ) from inside so I had to carefully slot them for removal. The top right and lower left screws I removed from the back side along with the three additional coin box screws.

Lastly, I'm not a pay phone 'Guy' ..Paul Vaverchak reminded me of that in his kind and 'gentle' way when I'd ask pay phone questions. : )  I miss him, but after looking at the inside of the phone plus my observations as stated in the auction, I'm guessing this phone is NOS ?...Thanks for the interest. John

Scott

Fabius

Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

TelePlay

GLOBAL MODERATOR POST

Upon request, all of the contest phone discussion posts that were split off and moved to a topic under the Gray Pay Station child board have been merged back into this Auction Contest topic and all reference to the now deleted discussion topic have been removed.

The merge has placed all of the information pertinent to this contest phone back with the phone, everything is all in one place.

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

tallguy58

Cheers........Bill

compubit

A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

Doug Rose

Quote from: kka2446 on November 20, 2018, 07:01:38 PM
Hello Again,
This is John, the Seller of the Gray 34-A10 with an update on the eBay Auction re-list. I apologize for taking down the
auction. At the time I expected the 21B Key I'd ordered to open the top, no luck. The issue is/was I have 4 different keys, 29S, 29A, 10G and a 21B..none of them fit into the keyway of the Gray lock. The lock appears original. 

Yes I can grind the keys down with the hopes a 29S will fit, but I'd have a thinner key, if it would even fit. Solution...I've ordered a replacement 29S lock and key that will arrive this Sat 11/24.

How did I get inside ?  After much key trail and error, I removed the 4 screws securing the coin box/phone plus the 3 screws securing the coin box to the backplate in order to access the inside of the phone.

The top left and lower right 'phone screws' are threaded ( installed ) from inside so I had to carefully slot them for removal. The top right and lower left screws I removed from the back side along with the three additional coin box screws.

Lastly, I'm not a pay phone 'Guy' ..Paul Vaverchak reminded me of that in his kind and 'gentle' way when I'd ask pay phone questions. : )  I miss him, but after looking at the inside of the phone plus my observations as stated in the auction, I'm guessing this phone is NOS ?...Thanks for the interest. John
John ....I watch your auctions all the time. You always have wonderful phones. Glad to see you on the Forum.....Doug
Kidphone

Partyline4

Handled the relist very well. Honest and with the right info. The buyers understood...Well done.

kka2446

Hello,
John here, owner of the Gray 34-A10 2 Piece Paystation. As mentioned in my prior post, the replacement 29S lock key/combo I ordered 11/21 arrived today, Sat 11/24.

I installed the 29S lock in the Gray and it works perfectly. This replacement is 'vintage' original (not new) not a repro. It is the exact same lock that came with the phone except this lock does not have the slightly narrower keyway, which was the problem I was dealing with all along. Problem solved....

A point of reference. I believe the 29S upper lock in the phone was factory original, but for some odd reason the keyway was just narrow enough to not accept any key, but the key that came with the lock.

Thanks,
John