News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

New Guy from Texas

Started by RDPipes, April 30, 2022, 06:57:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RDPipes

Quote from: RDPipes on August 05, 2022, 06:33:53 AMStub, Thank you sir, 53 was a good year but, I don't own a AE 90.
Your thinking of the brand new gentlemen "Darkstar2006". That's okay though, we all make mistakes, I know.
I hold the record, LOL!

Oops! I did it again, I told you I hold the record for mistakes, it's KYdealsPR0 who is new with the AE90, not Darkstar2006. LOL! Starting the day off right, hope I can make it to the bank and back with little to no mistakes today.

stub

RDPipes,
        Sorry , sometimes I have the attention span of a gnat. stub
Kenneth Stubblefield

RDPipes

Quote from: stub on August 05, 2022, 09:02:57 AMRDPipes,
        Sorry , sometimes I have the attention span of a gnat. stub

Sometimes I do too, LOL!

Darkstar2006

Hi' Thanks for the "welcome" I joined because I thought that there would be a lot of great knowledgeable people here, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.
Why do people with cell phones use "old phone" as their ring tone?

-Dave S.

RDPipes

Quote from: Darkstar2006 on August 10, 2022, 08:10:38 AMHi' Thanks for the "welcome" I joined because I thought that there would be a lot of great knowledgeable people here, I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

You won't be disappointed sir, we have some great knowledge here just in the archives alone not counting
some very knowledgeable and generous people.

19and41

A belated welcome!  I have a small collection of phones and I also collect Telechron clocks, old radios and kerosene mantle lamps. 
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

RDPipes

Quote from: 19and41 on August 10, 2022, 03:06:15 PMA belated welcome!  I have a small collection of phones and I also collect Telechron clocks, old radios and kerosene mantle lamps. 

Thank you sir, I've had a few old kerosene lamps (mostly Dietz) but, not enough to call a collection.

ChrisW6ATV

Quote from: RDPipes on August 10, 2022, 04:05:32 PMa few... but, not enough to call a collection.
I like to be more generous with the term "collection". My pop machine and pinball machine collections have two devices each. (As you mentioned, mechanical things that plug in.  :)  ) 

dsk

Thank you for the reminder, and welcome to the forum.  I did not like to call my selves a collector, because the main issue for me is to learn and understand. ..But  I got my first 2 magneto phones in 1970, by know I don't know how many I have, so OK I'm probably a collector to :)   Since I am in Norway my phones are for the most European, and if I may help around such phones, I would be happy.

And yes, I have some kerosene/white-gas stoves and laps too.

Dag Ståle
(dsk)

RDPipes

Thank you Gentlemen!

markosjal

I see your posts and hope you are doin well. Sorry I was not very active at the tine of your OP

Welcome
Phat Phantom's phreaking phone phettish

Contempra

I hadn't seen either. There are two reasons; one- I didn't know there were 'subcategories' to the forum, two- I hadn't been to the forum for almost a year and a half due to certain circumstances. But, there you are, Ron! :D You are part of the most magnificent forum on our passion for antique and vintage telephones.. This is the only place I know in America where there is so much pleasure in reading about antique telephones. Ron, so welcome to the forum my friend. Me neither, I am not an expert on the subject and even far, very far from it, but fortunately we have on this forum, all full of people who know the subject and are ready to help the amateur that we are in our passion . ;)