News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE Payphone

Started by Doug Rose, August 13, 2022, 01:25:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Janet found this today at a yard sale for $50. One lock is missing. I will try to get it open and get pics of the inside.....what a girl!!
Kidphone

GTE Rick

nice find... great price!
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

Doug Rose

thanks Rick...got it open and all the wires are disconnected. Anyone have a schematic for what wire goes where?....thanks....Doug
Kidphone

poplar1

It is a 236G: Note the enclosed buzzer (ringer) and the lack of transfer contacts (from the upper housing to the backplate). Unfortunately, someone removed the network from the upper housing and installed it where the coin relay should be. No worries, though: You can still wire it like a 236G, except that you may need at least 4 wires to the dial from the backplate if the cord with 9-pin plug is missing.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

Thanks David!

I am looking though the Forum's wiring diagrams and see nothing for Payphones.

Any help is greatly appreciated...Doug
Kidphone

RDPipes

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 13, 2022, 03:05:17 PMThanks David!

I am looking though the Forum's wiring diagrams and see nothing for Payphones.

Here's a 236G diagram TCI library

Doug Rose

Kidphone

oldguy

Very nice find Doug. I don't remember you talking about pay phones before🤔
Gary

Doug Rose

I have a few Gary, Janet done good...real good!

I will try to get it working today...Doug
Kidphone

Doug Rose

Does anyone have a pic of the connections on a 4010 Network. I am getting lost on the schematic.

I need to connect the handset.

Yellow has a black wire and SL has a red wire not terminated. Nothing to Red or BBX see pic

White coming from dial connector is not terminated.

Dial connector has red off and red on the connector is stripped. See pic

I connected the ringer to L1 and L2 and it works.

Kidphone

poplar1

W from dial goes to GN on network. It is not shown going thru the plug/connector in the diagram because the 4010 network was located in the upper housing, along with the dial.

poplar1

White and Black of handset connect to TR at top of backplate; then jumper from TR to R on network. But you could also just connect these 2 handset wires directly to R on network

Red handset wire connects to T on terminal block at top, then jumper from T to B on network. Again, you can just connect the red transmitter wire to B instead.

So the only switched handset wire is the other receiver wire. It is in series with the BB and W dial contacts and the BBX and GN hookswitch contacts. You can temporarily connect that receiver wire to GN on network and worry about the pops later.

Personally, I would recommend moving the network to the upper housing, where it belongs. Otherwise, you will be spending time trying to follow some flipper's reasoning.

Fwbeachbum

Sweet, I started my Telecom career installing and repairing pay stations. I would have ripped my back pocket and dropped my wallet trying to get the money out.
Jeff Lee

Doug Rose

David

Yellow has a black wire and SL has a red wire not terminated.

I have connected as directed and still no DT, I have tested the handset and it is working

Any other ideas my friend...>Doug
Kidphone

paul-f

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 14, 2022, 09:34:30 AMDoes anyone have a pic of the connections on a 4010 Network. I am getting lost on the schematic.

Here's a link to my "go-to" BSP for 425, 4010, and 4228 networks:

https://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/search?q=501+135+100
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line