News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A E Starlite .

Started by electric al, May 04, 2015, 02:36:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

electric al

I just acquired a Starlite (Automatic Electric) BL182.

The wiring has been Mickey Moused !

I tried to rewire according to the diagram I downloaded

I get a dial tone , but it won't send .

I checked all the components , and everything checks out .

Any tips ?
Never met a phone I didn't like !

dsk

We have two Starlites here, (in use) the boards are slightly different, but it is extremely easy to let two contacts touch each other. Th boards look pretty equal, but has different pinout.

Not much help, but I hoe that's enough.

dsk

Ktownphoneco

Al .....   The picture of the connection points is a little blurry, so I can't be absolutely sure where your line connections are situated.      But according to a schematic for that set that I just looked at, the line tip / ring connections should be located as per the (your) photo which I marked up accordingly.    If the line cord is connected properly, check to make sure the pulsing springs are actually opening and closing.

Jeff Lamb

electric al

Quote from: Ktownphoneco on May 04, 2015, 04:29:59 PM
Al .....   The picture of the connection points is a little blurry, so I can't be absolutely sure where your line connections are situated.      But according to a schematic for that set that I just looked at, the line tip / ring connections should be located as per the (your) photo which I marked up accordingly.    If the line cord is connected properly, check to make sure the pulsing springs are actually opening and closing.

Jeff Lamb

Right On  ,  Thanks ! ;D

G-Man

As Jeff has already pointed out the photo is blurry and by your vague description of "it won't send" I don't know if your complaint is that others cannot hear you or if you are unable to dial out. If you cannot dial out, are other rotary instruments connected to your telephone service able to place calls? In any event, see if this diagram matches your set and helps you in tracing the wiring.

G-Man

This may more closely match you set.

electric al

Quote from: G-Man on May 04, 2015, 06:55:57 PM
This may more closely match you set.

Problem solved , Thanks Guys !

I will post pictures as soon as it is all shined up !