News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What are your Favorite Cars???

Started by Bill Cahill, April 17, 2009, 05:16:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul-f

I did find the "Voice Alert System" somewhat annoying.  Fortunately, it had a limited vocabulary and was sparingly used.

It's interesting that both the Conquest and Austin displays still used mechanical odometers.  They weren't ready to trust electronics to record (and accurately retain) the miles driven.  The Nissan design was a few years later -- next generation tech.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

twocvbloke

Quote from: paul-f on January 17, 2014, 07:17:12 PMIt's interesting that both the Conquest and Austin displays still used mechanical odometers.  They weren't ready to trust electronics to record (and accurately retain) the miles driven.  The Nissan design was a few years later -- next generation tech.

I think for Austin, it was a case of they didn't know how to make something electronic to record the info reliably, much like how they didn't really know how to make a decent car for the 80s without using designs from the 1950s, as most 80s Austins, MGs and Rovers are pretty much puddles of orange rust water now...  ;D

And of course today, any brand new MGs you see on the road are actually made in china... :o

old_stuff_hound

Quote from: twocvbloke on January 17, 2014, 07:33:48 PM
...most 80s Austins, MGs and Rovers are pretty much puddles of orange rust water now...

I was about to say my 3 MGs would disagree with you about that, but I re-read and caught the 80s part. All mine are older than that. ;-)

WesternElectricBen

Another beautiful LTD that I cannot buy. I have never seen a 2dr ltd..

Of course, when I'm going to look into buying one, there will be none.. Link: http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/cto/4263897355.html
( dead link 03-09-21 )

Ben

Mockingbird812

Here is my '69 Chevrolet Chevelle.  32,000 miles with mostly original paint, original interior and drivetrain....
Sam

WesternElectricBen

Wow, that looks like a really, really nice ride. I'm guessing your the second owner of something that fine?

Ben

Mockingbird812

Thanks. I am not the 2nd owner, but the 5th.  I have  had it for 8 1/2 yrs now. 

Sam

AE_Collector

Very nice Sam! Nice combo of black with red interior. Immaculate under the hood.

I stuffed a Chevy 350 4bbl into my 1974 Vega wagon years ago. I went to great lengths to make it look like a stock Chevy offering in the Vega and had a lot of fun with that car for 11 years!

Terry

DavePEI

We came across an old photo today. It is a photo of my 1973 Pontiac LeMans as I prepared to leave Ontario for the Island on May 10, 1978, hauling a small utility trailer carrying all of my worldly possessions!

I drove down non-stop. As I rounded Woodstock, NB., I fell asleep at the wheel, and awoke to the sound of a tractor trailer coming strait at me. I pulled over and slept for what seemed like hours, but in reality it was only 15 minutes - I could sleep no more. I continued on, across the ferry, and to our home on PEI. That night and for the next few, I couldn't sleep - it was too quiet, and I was used to the night noise of Ontario!
This was my second car, preceded by a 1970 Fiat Spider 850.

P.S. This car was the same colour and type driven in the Smokey and the Bandit, part 1 by the Sheriff. Oddly, my next LeMans was a 1976 tan coloured car, the same as the Sheriiff used in Smokey and the Bandit, part 2! When I bought them, I hadn't seen either movie. Jakie Gleason played Sheriff Buford T. Justice of Portague County in both.
Dave
The Telephone Museum of Prince Edward Island:
http://www.islandregister.com/phones/museum.html
Free Admission - Call (902) 651-2762 to arrange a visit!
C*NET 1-651-0001

Here is my 45th Anniversary 09 Mustang. It's parked out in the garage where I keep my collection of telephones. This is our summer car and we use it when head south on our vacations.

WEBellSystemChristian

This is now my favorite '50s car: the 1956 Ford Fairlane!

I love the two-tone color schemes these came in, very tasteful!
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

Sargeguy

My friend who owns a Dodge dealership just took me for a spin in a 707hp 2015 Charger Hellcat.  That is my new favorite car.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: Sargeguy on August 22, 2015, 08:52:43 PM
My friend who owns a Dodge dealership just took me for a spin in a 707hp 2015 Charger Hellcat.  That is my new favorite car.
Nice! I'm glad to see Dodge is really getting back into performance cars after the end of their great years in the late '60s- early '70s. Every other company was doing poorly those years. I'll even admit that I hate Fords of that era; the Chrysler family ruled then.

I wish the Charger would go back to being a 2 door, like the Challenger still is. It wasn't a good idea to make it a 4 door; it makes a terrible squad (definitely fast enough, not tough or practical enough, especially in our northern winters) and that extra set of doors has to be horrible for high performance handling IMHO.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

andre_janew

I have fond memories of a 1950 Plymouth coupe that my dad owned a long time ago.  It didn't really have a back seat, but there was a padded stool behind the seat that fit on the hump in the middle of the car.  Some people called it the mother-in-law's seat.  I have a picture of the car along with myself and my parents.  I'm the little boy in the picture.  I think this picture was taken sometime when LBJ was President.

podor

Quote from: Mockingbird812 on December 28, 2014, 07:50:49 PM
Thanks. I am not the 2nd owner, but the 5th.  I have  had it for 8 1/2 yrs now.

'68/'69 Chevelles are my all time favorite. Yours is sweet! You don't see many 4 speed bench seat cars. I remember seeing a COPO '69 roll across the block at Barrette-Jackson that was a post car instead of hard top, bench seat, hub cap car with a L-72 and a 4 speed.