News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

from my new 616, to the internet. what do i need?

Started by RB, May 23, 2018, 11:32:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Key2871

Why would one company sabotage an others property?
Or is where your at, Verizon all in all. Meaning they provide voip telephone and vios.
I've seen cases where bell would get an order to connect service, turn it on at the CO, then if one is not home, they will come pull the wires off the CP so they have to come again and see what you have for pones connected. That happened to a friend of mine, but he called me and said I went out to see why it didn't work, and the wires were pulled off the protector ? Why did they do that? I told him because they want to see what phone equipment you have connected.
KEN

RB

yup, verizon/frontier.
all in one package.
frontier did the stripping...

AE_Collector

Doesn't make a lot of sense as it is only fibre to the house and then copper inside. So inside wiring in many cases would now be fed from the ONT instead of being fed from the old Prot. The fibre replaces the copper drop to the house but not the wiring inside the house. Sure, some may not have the inside wiring connected as they just plug their wireless base station directly into the source of dial tone. I install and maintain monitored alarm systems and would not be happy to find the copper feed from the prot to the alarm panel chopped up after conversion to fibre to the home! Many of my customers are primarily keeping a phone line for the alarm monitoring.

Terry

RB

Terry.
We originally had a pots line, the multiplexer box outside provided everything.
Later, we cut off the pots, "before I started collecting", and never thot about it until now.
went out and looked, and empty box...
I can tie the house runs back together, no problem...
just bummed they did that to us.
I am gonna find a ball bat, and the next time anybody comes out to do service, I will stand by and watch them.
Seems the only way to get an honest job done, is to promise pain if they mess it up?

Fabius

I highly recommend Magic Jack for VOIP service. Cheap ($35 a Year plus about $5 or $6 dollars for tax and 911 fee.) and reliable. I have two 616s and both have Magic Jack lines into them.

One fun thing about Magic Jack is that you can get a local area code number or from somewhere your not.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Pourme

Quote from: Fabius on May 29, 2018, 10:02:00 PM
I highly recommend Magic Jack for VOIP service. Cheap ($35 a Year plus about $5 or $6 dollars for tax and 911 fee.) and reliable. I have two 616s and both have Magic Jack lines into them.

One fun thing about Magic Jack is that you can get a local area code number or from somewhere your not.

I have said the same thing several times on this forum. I have no issues with my two MJ lines. I use one for my PBXes and one for my business. They have a very effective automatic screening mode that stops all robo calls from reaching you.  If you pay five years in advance, as I do,  the cost is lower.

Benny
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service