News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Restoration? More Like A Resurrection!

Started by Craig T, March 05, 2010, 12:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

You're right about that Jorge!  I did the same thing, thinking I could polish a dial bezel with the Dremmel tool and the hard buffing tip.  I ruined that in a split second!

Craig T

Glad I heard this before I started...again  :-\

Phonesrfun

Yes, I once destroyed a 354 cover with my dremel.  Dremel and plastics do not mix.

-Bill G

Netdewt

So what are you guys using to buff then? Seems like a normal sized buffer would be way too big...

JorgeAmely

Jorge

Ampico66

Craig T

Not sure if you were talking to me when you said 202. If you meant 302... Yes this was my first 302 project. I still have it on the shelf next to the other 302 I just finished up. This should remain an affordable hobby as long as I do not start collecting the color 302s  :)

McHeath

Saw an ivory 302 yesterday for a cool 400 clams.  Probably not a terrible price as it was really in good shape, no cracks, no noticeable yellowing, had a sweet translucent glow about it, good cords.

But 400 is 400 and so it was off my radar screen. 

Craig T

Nothing worse than seeing a scarce phone then racing over to see the price tag with one too many digits  :)

I would not have laid $400 for it either. I think $250 before I could say I would be all over it.