News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Got a touchtone!

Started by AET, April 13, 2009, 09:48:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AET

Well the ones that say TinyURL.com/whateverwhateveryadayadayada work fine, but I've been enountering ones that say Tiny.cc and those are a no go.  I don't know anything about TinyURL and have always just posted the full link. Quick enough, and I have limited time and prefer to spend it reading others' posts than prettying mine up haha.  Thanks for the info though Matt!
- Tom

bingster

It's not about tidying up posts.  Posting really long ebay links causes a large portion of the forum page to extend under the right edge of the window where it can't be seen.  That means all posts on that page become unreadable.  It's not the end of the world, though.  Whenever I see one that causes a problem, I change it.

Another way around it is to post just the auction number.  Entering the auction number in ebay's search box will pull up the auction.
= DARRIN =

AET

Well, I'm not overly satisfied with this phone.  I got it today and I can receive calls and talk on it, but it doesn't ring or dial out.  It was also shocking to pull it apart and see circut boards, and how light it is!  Wow.  But I have no clue what's wrong with it!
- Tom

McHeath

Can you give us some pictures of the inner works?

Stephen Furley

Are you sure the line polarity is correct; that would stop a lot of electronic 'phones from dialng.  Also, does it contain a battery, as one of my early push-button 'phones does?  that one wouldn't dial until I replaced the old Ni-Cd cells.

contraste

I bought a '73 WE 2500 that wouldn't dial out but as Stephen says, reversing the line polarity fixed the problem.

Of course my phone had the network and wiring conventions that we know from the 500's, with circuit boards it could be a different matter.

AET

I'll get some pics ASAP, I've been working every day 7-330, then trying to balance  friends, family, and the lady friend, don't leave me much time ya know.  But I will sneak in some time probably saturday before the lady friend comes to town to get some pics taken, and post them that nite when I get home. 

Thanks so much everybody for your help!!!!
- Tom

Dan

Every touchtone I've had that doesn't dial out was fixed by switching the green and red wires in the network
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright