News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Wiring in a 208A KTU.

Started by Babybearjs, October 16, 2017, 07:18:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Babybearjs

OK.... I now have 2 of the 3 208 KTU's for my system.... and I'm trying to wire them in..... so far... no response.... I have power and the ICM line is established... but when I go to test it.... nothing. so far, I have the TO link in, Term #25. the specs on the 212 also show a link to the CO (207: 5B to 212: 17A.) the first 3 control leads are in place. (C: 18, 19, 20) and are attached to 2, 3, and 4A on the 207. I temporarily shorted terms 3 and 4 to see if the A-lead was working, nothing. when I pick up the ICM the 207 jumps to life, but nothing from the 208. what am I missing? what do I need to do to make sure the units is working?
John

Babybearjs

UPDATE: 1/24/18:   Its finally in... all 3 208KTU's and all the wiring is correct, finally. now, all I have to do is get the rest of the stations back online.... Thank you everyone who helped....
John

Babybearjs

you know, its funny.... I fought with this for sooooo long, and now.... its finally finished... and working right... I have stations 2-8 wired and the lamp flash circuit is working just fine... here are the final photos of my work.... buting the small rack mount really helped, though I did go ahead and re-tap the mounting holes from 10-32 to 12-24. took about an hour or 2 but it worked... the screws line up with the units much better, but the Height is still a bit of an issue as the rack is about a 1/2" off from the original specs from WE. But, that's to be expected when you are merging old with new....  (sorry about the last pic, it didn't turn out right....)
John