Main Menu

Show us the SIGNs in your Phone Room!!!

Started by Doug Rose, November 23, 2017, 09:33:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabius

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on December 03, 2017, 10:33:09 AM
Here are the non-hubcap signs.

Chuck

At the top of my wish list of telephone signs is that Bell Telephone of Nevada 11x11. Yours is only the 2nd one I have ever seen.
Tom Vaughn
La Porte, Indiana
ATCA Past President
ATCA #765
C*NET 1+ 821-9905

Doug Rose

Chuck....Wow!  Fantastic display. It is breath taking. I keep going back over the pictures. Wow!....Doug
Kidphone

RotarDad

Chuck - What an awesome set of signage!!  You have a museum there - I like the displays as they allow one to compare similar items side-by-side.   I have a couple questions on the hubcaps:

1) How did you mount those?  I see the mounting holes all look empty, or am I missing something?
2) What is the Citizen's Telephone Company?

Thanks for posting those!

Paul
Paul

Sargeguy

I like how you display the flange signs!  Those So. Cal/Pac Bell "TELEPHONE" signs are interesting.  I have a '08 version of each.  I have never seen another '08 version of the Pac. Bell one. I think the use of "TELEPHONE" alone on a sign is uncommon, and it seems like it was used mostly on the West Coast.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

oldguy

Gary

cihensley@aol.com

fabius: The Nevada sign is a fairly recent acquisition, courtesy of Ell Bennett.

RotarDad: I use Blu-Tack, a picture adhesive. A couple of strips near the edge. It works most of the time. Sometimes a particular sign will keep falling off the wall. I don't know why. Then I will add a couple of brass wood screws to help hold it up. I haven't done any research on the history of Citizens Telephone Company.

Chuck

Signguy

Citizens Telephone was in a section of Northern Kentucky. It was later aquired by Cinncinnati & Suburban.