"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BK 1045 DIY substitution

Started by Sigmaz, February 14, 2018, 09:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sigmaz

Quote from: twocvbloke on February 20, 2018, 03:35:15 AM
Looks good, just need the project box to mount it all inside... :)

;D I'm on the mailing list for when they get more in stock.
They are on flea-bay as well but for a bit more.. I may just get one there if I start to get impatient.

I keep having ideas on where to expand on and go with this.. if I change the MCU and the display to OLED I can increase the storage and complexity of the user interface.
I have also been playing with the idea of having it capable of coin relay testing and single slot coin totalizer tone detection as well as making it a handheld device... so many ideas that will definitely require some scratch paper...
The totalizer code is already done I would just need to add 1700/2200hz combo to the list of frequencies the Goertzel algorithm detects and then write some code to tally the instances for display.

Anyway, thanks for the motivation fellas.

HarrySmith

Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Quote from: HarrySmith on February 20, 2018, 12:42:12 PM
I am not sure, is that a Canadian thing?

Yeah it is....I'd love to tell you more about it but am not permitted to. You will just have to use your imagination! Sorry we can't share. :(

Terry

Sigmaz

This project didn't die.

I'm still waiting for my enclosure to arrive from Thailand.

"Next time I'll pay the fifty cents..."

twocvbloke

That's one of the pitfalls of ordering from the far east, it always takes its' time, I'm waiting for a simple wall socket cover from china (want to fit a 15 Amp BS546 socket on one of my generators, just cos I can, and need a cover to sit over it for a little protection), and almost 2 months later, erm, still nothing...  :-\