News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Some gareishly coloured RJ11 plugs...

Started by twocvbloke, December 18, 2013, 05:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twocvbloke

Couldn't think here else to post this, cos it's not on ebay, or from a flea market, so, general discussion will do... :D

Anyway, a couple of weeks back I decided to order the mother's christmas present (though I'm betting it arrives in january!!), and in the process I thought I'd look at their telephone offerings, which are just junk (mostly phones that belong in the ugly phones thread!!), but for some reason, I got drawn to these plugs, just cos they're so brightly coloured, so I bought a pack of each... :D

http://tinyurl.com/rj11Blue

http://tinyurl.com/rj11Yellow

Haven't thought about what I'll use them for (still waiting for them, ordered on the 3rd December, I don't expect them to arrive before the 25th), I just got them cos they're different... ;D

I have to say, they have a lot of interesting looking technology (cloned, mostly, rather than genuine articles cos it's china of course), and I have been tempted to buy some other bits from there (like a tone generator and probe for tracing phone and network cabling), but we shall see... :)

Anyway, pics for posterity, for those of a sensitive disposition, look away now... :D

twocvbloke

These finally arrived yesterday, 7 weeks and two days from ordering, not exactly speedy if you're in need of something... ::)

Not to mention, a 20-pack of the yellow plugs turned out to be a 19 pack, so I'm one short, so even there they've not got it right... :-\

Anyway, they look standard, and the fun part about the yellow ones is they glow under UV light, absolutely useless feature I know but it's fun... ;D

The blue ones, which don't glow under UV, are more green than blue though, which is disappointing, but hardly surprising, they were made in china after all... ::)