News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

2 line.....10 button.....brought back to life....

Started by John S, October 10, 2009, 05:59:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Here is a before and after picture of the 10 button/2line phone I have been working on the last couple of days. It was a project....but fun. The phone still has some flaws....a few discoloration.....but it looks alot better. The cord came out nice....Wanted to show you guys...and gals.......

John

bwanna

the ugly duckling turns into a swan! nice work john. :)

hobie if you're listening, please don't take offense cuz i said ugly duckling. ;)
donna

Phonesrfun

Quote from: John S on October 10, 2009, 05:59:32 PM

Here is a before and after picture of the 10 button/2line phone I have been working on the last couple of days. It was a project....but fun. The phone still has some flaws....a few discoloration.....but it looks alot better. The cord came out nice....Wanted to show you guys...and gals.......

John

Looking very good !

-Bill
-Bill G

McHeath

Well done, good progress on cleaning it up.  That aqua is hard to get all the greening out of eh?  I labored long over my 1500, wore out a lot of sandpaper and polish, and finally just gave up and bought a new old stock shell and handset and cord.  I simply could not get the greenish yellow discolor out of the 1500's plastics to suit me.  The parts I bought were new in the box, and look fabulous, but are not time period to the phone. 

You did a really excellent job on the cord in particular, I would have thought it was a goner for sure. 

John S

Thanks!!

Yes, it was a job....Its hard work...but I was doing about 1 hour a day....The case was easy...but the headset, was the hardest.  Trying to get around the curves, around the logo......Overall I am happy the way it came out......

John