News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

This hobby is driving me bananas!

Started by FABphones, June 12, 2018, 07:54:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Pourme

~

"A collector of Black, Ivory, Grey."

add, "fruity"

;)
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

RB

I dont think you could let that one sit long enuf to turn black...
interesting piece.

FABphones

Quote from: Pourme on June 12, 2018, 08:01:00 AM
~
"A collector of Black, Ivory, Grey."
add, "fruity"
;)

I think it might be grounds for divorce if that turned up on the shelf - one 'Vintage' Duck phone nesting amongst my monochrome phones is quite far enough down the Novelty phone path for me!  ;)

"A collector of Black, Ivory, Grey - and a Duck"   (I might have to change my signature!)   :D

*Done it!  ;)

HarrySmith

Or it can drive you "nuts". Coconuts that is!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

twocvbloke

Pourme

Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

Butch Harlow

When I was a kid my dad brought home the duck decoy phone. It had creepy red eyes that lit up when in rang, or rather quacked. I have been looking for it and his Mickey mouse phone for years. Turns out, they are both apparently in the attic. I am going to visit this weekend and help him clean out said attic. We shall see.
Butch Harlow

FABphones

Quote from: Butch Harlow on June 12, 2018, 06:13:35 PM
When I was a kid my dad brought home the duck decoy phone. It had creepy red eyes that lit up when in rang, or rather quacked. I have been looking for it and his Mickey mouse phone for years. Turns out, they are both apparently in the attic. I am going to visit this weekend and help him clean out said attic. We shall see.

Same as mine, it quacks and the eyes light up red with every quack. My duck phone is popular, everyone seems to comment on that one first.

*Hope you find yours, remember to pop a photo of it on this thread if you do.    :)

Butch Harlow

The ever elusive duck decoy phone is still on the lamb. I did find Mickey Mouse, and after a serious cleaning (Dad is a cigar smoker) it looks pretty good. I asked almost everyone about the Duck and its whereabouts. Apparently my family doesn't throw anything away, ever. Everyone remembers it, and where it lived in the house. Nobody remembers when it left. Ah well, another mystery for another time. Meanwhile,  Mickey and I have some calls to make.
Butch Harlow

Butch Harlow

Butch Harlow