News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Look what I just lucked into!

Started by Adam, April 01, 2011, 08:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom B

Very nice phone, Dave. Great to see the '49 network. You will find the ringer designation on the part of the ringer that sits behind the network, same as Kenny's '50 phone, and my 12/50 ringer on my '52 501.
Tom

Adam

Hmm.  I didn't remove the ringer from the base (the phone is so nice I'm a bit afraid to mess with it too much) but I did remember that was the alternate marking place of the ringer and did take a peek in between the ringer and the network, and didn't notice anything.  I've closed the phone up, but perhaps later I'll open it up again and take another closer look.

For those ringers you've seen marked in that area behind the network, what was the ringer number?  C2A?  Something earlier?
Adam Forrest
Los Angeles Telephone - A proud part of the global C*Net System
C*Net 1-383-4820

Tom B

The mark on mine is C2A. To see it I have to take the ringer off the base, as it's marked lower than Kenny's phone.
Tom

Adam

OK.  I did have to unmount the ringer to see the number.  It says C2A in small, vermillion print.  Thanks.
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820

Adam

Quote from: Dan on April 08, 2011, 12:14:47 PM
Your's is the earliest dated  one on the forum !(mine was a 12-49). Dan/P has the '48 prototype.

OMG!  My 9/49 network is a forum production record?  Neat!

Bartender!  Drinks are on me!  (Give Kenny a root beer.)

:)
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820

Kenny C

Dan, I thought your network was from 11/49
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Adam

OK.  Here's the best part!

I just wired the mounting cord of this phone to a plug and connected it to my Asterisk PBX and IT ALL WORKS GREAT!  Reception and transmission is great, it rings and IT EVEN DIALS!

I've had trouble with older 7-style dials just getting ever-so-slightly out of speed tolerance for its pulses not to be recognized by my digital VOIP adapters.  However, the dial in this set is right on perfect!

Yeay!
Adam Forrest
C*Net 1-383-4820

Dan

Quote from: Kenny C on April 08, 2011, 04:29:23 PM
Dan, I thought your network was from 11/49

You are right Kenny

1. Dan/P  -  1948

2. Dave 9/49

3.Dan 11/49

Now accepting applications for someone with a "D" name for the 49er club--How about you, Dennis?
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

Quote from: Dan on April 09, 2011, 01:43:19 PM
Now accepting applications for someone with a "D" name for the 49er club--How about you, Dennis?

I'm always looking for one Dan, so far no '49 500's in my stash.