News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Early WE500 Straight Handset Cord?

Started by RotarDad, July 16, 2012, 09:50:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotarDad

I just bought this set of cords on Ebay.  I was interested in the straight handset cord that appears to be for an early 500.   It has the short leads (with slightly longer black one) for connection to the equalizer or terminal strip on the early sets.  However, it appears to have the handset strain relief molded as part of the cord like many 302 rubber cords.  It is also missing the metal strain relief at the phone end.  Any thoughts - is this a WE part?  These are Ebay photos:

Paul

Phonesrfun

With the exception of the missing metal clip on the phone end, that handset cord appears to be entirely authentic for the very early 500 sets with the equalizer.  The handset end is made for the G1 handset,and would not have been that style for an F1 handset.

-Bill G

McHeath

Looks like the real deal to me as well.  You can remove the end clamp strain relief from another cord and install it on this to make it usable. 

RotarDad

Thanks for the input!   Now I'll need to find a brass strain relief to complete it.  I also hope the cord straightens out - it may have been stored for quite a few decades!
Paul

LarryInMichigan

A little heat on the bends will allow you to straighten them.

Larry

RotarDad

Thanks Larry for the heat idea - I give that a try.  Fortunately, this one looks like the bends are not too tight.
Paul