and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

$66 Pekin Red 202, I can't believe it!

Started by WEBellSystemChristian, March 04, 2014, 09:09:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on March 04, 2014, 09:26:01 PM
Harry;
Thanks! I think this hobby has officially moved to an addiction for me ;)
Of course, you are deep in the grasp of Phonitis
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: poplar1 on March 05, 2014, 07:54:05 PM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on March 05, 2014, 03:00:36 PM
Quote from: AE40FAN on March 05, 2014, 11:33:52 AM
Plastic fingerwheel looks to be much later.  Like what you would see on a princess dial....

Yeah, exact same problem that my Imperial had. Whoever installed the closed center fingerwheel bent the finger stop in the process.

Perhaps they had to do that to get the clearance needed for the finger wheel to spin.
The kit for converting a 6- or 7-type  to use the newer style plastic finger wheel included both the finger wheel and a new finger stop.

My Imperial finger stop has "6" stamped on it, and the dial Is from 1955, so someone obviously just installed a later freewheeling the original dial.
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford

WEBellSystemChristian

Well, my phone just left Omaha, yet USPS still predicts it will be here today. Sometimes they can be very unbelievable.
Christian Petterson

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on March 08, 2014, 11:08:01 AM
Well, my phone just left Omaha, yet USPS still predicts it will be here today. Sometimes they can be very unbelievable.

I think your right about USPS being unpredictable, though I've got phones which the tracking was really behind.

Ben

WEBellSystemChristian

Quote from: WesternElectricBen on March 08, 2014, 11:12:00 AM
Quote from: WEBellSystemChristian on March 08, 2014, 11:08:01 AM

I think your right about USPS being unpredictable, though I've got phones which the tracking was really behind.

Ben

Yeah, tracking on this one was quite a bit behind. For all I know, it could be in Wisconsin now (not likely though), but otherwise, I'll have to wait until Monday.
Christian Petterson

WEBellSystemChristian

Sorry if I haven't updated this thread for awhile, I've been busy with homework and other phones. This phone cleaned up spectacularly! I'll get pictures tonight.
Christian Petterson