News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

2212 Really WoW

Started by JimHyak, March 01, 2017, 07:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimHyak

You gotta love the audacity of the unknowledgeable! Thank You eBay and the Internet!  ::)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262864850577
( dead link 01-07-22 )
Jim
It's not hoarding if you have cool stuff!

TelePlay

Had he put  a "Make an Offer" on listing, he'd probably get a handle on the current market value.

Pourme

I was almost afraid to click on "watch", was afraid it would accidentally place a bid...Good luck with your auction, sellerx!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

mariepr

Well, if you really want it you won't have to worry about getting sniped in the closing seconds of the auction. ;)

cihensley@aol.com

I sent an email to him offering to sell mine to him for 20% of his buy-it-now price.

Chuck

Pourme

Quote from: cihensley@aol.com on March 03, 2017, 03:29:52 PM
I sent an email to him offering to sell mine to him for 20% of his buy-it-now price.

Chuck

HA!
Benny

JimHyak

Seller relisted at $20k BIN with a make offer. Maybe they will learn a realistic price or maybe they will be slow learners.

Unfortunately (fortunately?)  the phone has been "hacked" with a G5 handset and Confidencer mouthpiece, I would assume for PTT in a high noise environment. I have heard that the most common use of a 2211/2212 was at switches, that they were seldom used elsewhere because the installer would have to put in a subset, and the Trimline was becoming available. My question is: Would a Bell installation have used a Confidencer? Military maybe?
Jim

Babybearjs

He doesn't want to part with it.... that's why its so expensive!
John

Payphone installer

Confidencer was used all the time by bell, I put them in many times on payphone extensions. The 2212 was used a lot in CO's which were very loud.

Pourme

Quote from: Babybearjs on March 19, 2017, 01:58:51 PM
He doesn't want to part with it.... that's why its so expensive!

His wife said

"List that darn thing on EBAY!!!"
Benny

TelePlay

Quote from: JimHyak on March 05, 2017, 10:08:45 AM
Seller relisted at $20k BIN with a make offer. Maybe they will learn a realistic price or maybe they will be slow learners.

Couldn't find the $20k listing but did find an intermediate listing at $15,000 and the current listing of $15,000 with Make and Offer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bell-System-Touch-Tone-Space-Saver-2212-Wall-Phone-Extremely-Rare-/262894722751

Maybe he dropped the $20k to $15k between your post an my search.

JimHyak

Quote from: Payphone installer on March 19, 2017, 02:20:07 PM
Confidencer was used all the time by bell, I put them in many times on payphone extensions. The 2212 was used a lot in CO's which were very loud.
Thanks, by "switch" I meant CO, and wondered about the Confidencer, since the element looks a lot like a headset N1, you have confirmed my suspicions.

Quote from: TelePlay on March 19, 2017, 08:39:47 PM
Maybe he dropped the $20k to $15k between your post an my search.

Yes, the price is dropping with each re-list. In another couple of months, we may see a price which will see some action...or not. I dropped it from my watch list, I didn't want to encourage the seller.
Jim

JimHyak

Sold today. The price: $633.

The seller finally listed it as an auction and found the price of the day. A bit less than $20k.
Jim

LarryInMichigan

Quote from: JimHyak on April 30, 2017, 11:33:59 PM
Sold today. The price: $633.

The seller finally listed it as an auction and found the price of the day. A bit less than $20k.

That is a pretty high price, but I have been told that these are quite rare and valuable.  I will have to keep an eye out for them.

Larry

WEBellSystemChristian

It's funny how a phone like that is only valuable because it's rare. If the rotary Space Savers were extremely rare, and the 2212s were found in every Goodwill, would anyone even bother buying this one?

Not that it's going to stop me from lunging at one sitting on a table for $5 at a yard sale... ;D ;)
Christian Petterson

"Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right" -Henry Ford