News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Mottled Brown Standard TMC 1935

Started by tubaman, February 07, 2020, 01:20:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubaman

This beauty has just come up on eBay, but it's got a hefty price.
I've certainly never seen another in mottled brown (I have a black one and even those are not particularly easy to find).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mottled-brown-Bakelite-Telephone-Standard-TMC-1935/153824668264

Mottled brown Bakelite Telephone Standard TMC 1935.. Condition is immaculate mint original unused.

This English Standard telephone Company Telephone marked 1935 is a truly stunning and perfect example of an extremely rare phone.
This phone with its original brown cords with paper label stating standard telephones limited is a collectors must have.
A Never seen Mottled Brown example of an English manufactured telephone , I recently sold a 1933 Green Bakelite example with dial which again was a one off seen example. These Standard telephones from the early 1930s are probably the rarest examples of English coloured Bakelite phones as they were only manufactured by one company until the mid 30s.
This even has a mottled brown CB plate in place of the dial.

Doug Rose

For Comparison in 1972 I bought a brand new Red Chevrolet Camaro for $3150. That's dollars not pounds, with $1000 left over... 8)....Doug
Kidphone

LarryInMichigan

Did the British version of this model actually have the antler style cradle ears?  I had thought that only the Hungarian ones had them.

Larry

tubaman

Quote from: LarryInMichigan on February 07, 2020, 02:39:02 PM
Did the British version of this model actually have the antler style cradle ears?  I had thought that only the Hungarian ones had them.

Larry

They certainly did - my UK black one has that same style.
:)

FABphones

Antwerp phone. The CB version is not seen as often as those with a dial.

This listing they say is 'Standard Telephone Company'?    ...not Standard Telephones and Cables?
https://www.britishtelephones.com/stc2724.htm

The cradle end shape I have often heard referred to as 'bears paws'. I have this version and also a French version with the smooth ends to cradle.

tubaman, would like to see your version, could you add a photo.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

tubaman

Quote from: FABphones on February 07, 2020, 04:22:31 PM
Antwerp phone. The CB version is not seen as often as those with a dial.

This listing they say is 'Standard Telephone Company'?    ...not Standard Telephones and Cables?
https://www.britishtelephones.com/stc2724.htm

The cradle end shape I have often heard referred to as 'bears paws'. I have this version and also a French version with the smooth ends to cradle.

tubaman, would like to see your version, could you add a photo.  :)

FABphones - yes I assume it is Standard Telephones and Cables.
Here is my one: