News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Birthday Phone

Started by HarrySmith, March 02, 2020, 11:06:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

I stumbled on an old 500 listed for $29.99 plus $9.99 shipping. It is my birthday phone! Made June 1957. I made an offer of $20.00 with shipping and it was accepted. Looking forward to finding matching dates inside!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/192094636133
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

I sent the seller my usual message about packing this phone for shipment. I actually got a thank you message back! He said he would have just wrapped the whole thing up in bubble wrap without removing the handset form the cradle. Disaster averted, hopefully!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Pourme

~

Good for you! I think I copied the one I send from you, Harry. Glad you saw results!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

19and41

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
— Arthur C. Clarke

HarrySmith

I forgot I had posted my saved message here. I am glad you are getting use out of it!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

guitar1580

Congrats.  Glad you found a birthday 500.  That's something I've not ran onto yet, even though the black 500 is one of the most common phones around.

Josh

HarrySmith

I got my birthday phone safe & sound. Arrived intact. It is all original, unmolested, date matching! The phone is dated 6/57, the G1 handset is stamped 57. The case is marked 6/4/57, the day before my birthday! The receiver cap is 5/57 & the element is 5/29/57. The transmitter cap is 6/57 & the element is 5/29/57. The network is 6/57 as well as the C4 ringer. The 7D-3 dial is also 6/57. Both cords are dated 57. The 283B plug is not dated but I believe it is also original to the phone. I am a happy camper!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

HarrySmith

A few more pictures. I could not get a good picture of the cord restraints.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

FABphones

Excellent news.
Is that a reversed dialcard in there? I enjoy turning those over and seeing what they reveal.
Looking forward to seeing what yours says.
:)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Doug Rose

Congrats Harry....very Happy for you...Doug
Kidphone

Vern P

Yes congrats on your find, exact days can be hard to find.   On mine BD phone, it is the day after, as I was born on Sunday.
Vern