News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Spacesaver Bracket. G1 mount - not mine

Started by HarrySmith, March 03, 2020, 07:10:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HarrySmith

IIRC someone was asking for one of these brackets not long ago. I came across this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Electric-Vintage-Spacesaver-Telephone-Wall-Mounting-Bracket-Old-Phone/324091099004
Kinda high price in my opinion but then again they seem to be made of unobtanium.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

kleenax

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 03, 2020, 07:10:38 AM
IIRC someone was asking for one of these brackets not long ago. I came across this one:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Western-Electric-Vintage-Spacesaver-Telephone-Wall-Mounting-Bracket-Old-Phone/324091099004
Kinda high price in my opinion but then again they seem to be made of unobtanium.
Brackets are harder to find than the phone that it works for. $20 seems very reasonable.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

HarrySmith

Yes, absolutely. Seems to be many more phones than brackets available. I guess when they got removed from service the phone guy did not want to bother with the other 2 or 3 screws to remove the bracket! I got lucky a few years back and snagged 4 of them on eBay for under $20.00. I guess I was spoiled, that's why it seems like a high price to me!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

kleenax

Quote from: HarrySmith on March 04, 2020, 01:35:31 PM
Yes, absolutely. Seems to be many more phones than brackets available. I guess when they got removed from service the phone guy did not want to bother with the other 2 or 3 screws to remove the bracket! I got lucky a few years back and snagged 4 of them on eBay for under $20.00. I guess I was spoiled, that's why it seems like a high price to me!
I have a banana box full of both the 211's and brackets here somewhere. Started picking them up when I was working on the 2211 project for the TouchTone top.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC