News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

BT (GPO) Planphone A

Started by tubaman, November 13, 2020, 03:23:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tubaman

This arrived yesterday - £0.99 + £5.99 P&P.
I didn't have a Planphone in my collection, so at this price I took the plunge.
Spent a little time last night giving it a light clean and fitting a dial, feet, and handset inserts. Its come up pretty good I think.
It's a very late one, with 1983 stickers on the base, even though the phone part is a 706 that would have originally been made a long time before that.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BT-Planphone-A-UNTESTED-/373315063415

BT Planphone A - UNTESTED!
Sold as spares or repairs, as unable to test - please see pictures for the condition of the item.

If you've not seen these before there's lots of information here - https://www.britishtelephones.com/plans625.htm

FABphones

Wow. You've done well; a good restoration, nice dial, colour matching parts, great condition find, and only 99 pence!

Looks perfect.

I'm entering this for you as a FOTM.

(We need a thumbs up emoji).  :)

A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

tubaman

Quote from: FABphones on November 13, 2020, 05:45:37 AM
Wow. You've done well; a good restoration, nice dial, colour matching parts, great condition find, and only 99 pence!

Looks perfect.

I'm entering this for you as a FOTM.

(We need a thumbs up emoji).  :)

Thanks - I'm very happy with it.
It's not quite perfect as the base is losing some paint where it has been a bit damp at some point, but the insides are fine.
The parts match very well. There's a tiny bit of yellowing but it's really even so still looks good.
Can't complain for 99p!

Thanks for the FOTM nomination - I don't think it'll endanger your lovely Kellogg candlestick much though.
:)

Doug Rose

that came out Fantastic!, you did a great job on it. I have never seen a Planphone before....thanks for sharing....Doug
Kidphone