News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Some Finds from our Local Online Auction House- 7 new phones for our collection

Started by Hill Haven Telephone Company, December 02, 2020, 11:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hill Haven Telephone Company

There is a local online auction house an hour or so from me that sometimes has phones.   They do the auction online,  then you pay online and they do curbside pickup in person. They dont ship. 
Its addicting.

Got these 7 phones for dirt cheap this week.  Picking them up when I head that way Saturday. 

tubaman

Nice haul.
Good job there isn't anything like that near me as I wouldn't be able to move for phones! ::)

tipnring

Is that a red 500 set with no letters just numbers on the face. Pretty cool. Dennis

tubaman

Quote from: tipnring on December 03, 2020, 06:13:11 PM
Is that a red 500 set with no letters just numbers on the face. Pretty cool. Dennis
If it was a British GPO set it would be a 500F (Figures only) as opposed to a 500L (with Letters) - but it isn't....  ::)

FABphones

Quote from: tipnring on December 03, 2020, 06:13:11 PM
Is that a red 500 set with no letters just numbers on the face...

Looks like a Northern Telecom.
Additional photos of the red phones would be good to see. I quite like red phones, a few have sneaked into the mono collection. Cuckoos in the nest. 8)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

Pourme

~

Ya gotta watch them old phones, CJ......seems they do have a way to "sneak" into one's collection!
Benny

Panasonic 308/616 Magicjack service

tubaman

Quote from: FABphones on December 04, 2020, 03:20:06 AM
... I quite like red phones, a few have sneaked into the mono collection. Cuckoos in the nest. 8)

I just have a collection of 'Phones that I like'. Saves any angst about colours etc.  :)

FABphones

Quote from: Pourme on December 04, 2020, 03:26:17 AM
Ya gotta watch them old phones... seems they do have a way to "sneak" into one's collection...

So true. Like the green one mentioned below...  ::)  :)

Quote from: tubaman on December 04, 2020, 03:29:11 AM
I just have a collection of 'Phones that I like'. Saves any angst about colours etc.  :)

I'd like to see your collection, maybe pop them up in 'my telephone collection'? How many do you have now?

I try to keep numbers down by having my mono collection (but - schhh - still over 200 in the collection), mono phones have always been a favourite, although red has sneaked in. Other colours I am not fond of. However I have a Western Electric 10 button payphone which I like because of what it is - but it is green, which I do not like at all. I got it as it is a hard to find model. I doubt it will stay with me long purely because of the colour.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

tubaman

Quote from: FABphones on December 04, 2020, 03:46:29 AM

I'd like to see your collection, maybe pop them up in 'my telephone collection'? How many do you have now?

I reckon about 125, some still some way to go to catch up with you (doubt this will ever happen - not enough space in the 'permitted' room of the house).
I've just taken some very quick photos of most of the easy to get at ones and put them in 'my telephone collection'.
:)