"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

This was in the floor of an old bell building in CT

Started by Doug Rose, December 21, 2020, 09:30:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

This is amazing!....Doug

"Offering this up one time for this price. This was in the floor of an old bell building in CT and was removed before a re-model. I'm assuming it was in the lobby but the gentleman I got it from couldn't remember. 18". Everything is embossed. Cash deal picked up in RI. Price is firm. I think you'd be hard pressed to find another one of these. Very unique piece."

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/754909321786259/?ref=search&referral_code=undefined
Kidphone

FABphones

If genuine (looks ok to me), not toooo silly, at $450, thought they would be asking more.
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

HarrySmith

That is pretty amazing. What a great find. Are you going to get it? I also would have expected a higher price. I am sure the seller is right, you will not find another like it.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

Doug Rose

Quote from: HarrySmith on December 21, 2020, 02:05:07 PM
That is pretty amazing. What a great find. Are you going to get it? I also would have expected a higher price. I am sure the seller is right, you will not find another like it.
Harry...this is more for someone who was in Southern New England and was served by SNET. If it was NET???

This is cement and heavy....it would be very hard to display, Janet already said no to digging up the floor of the Phone room   ::)....Doug
Kidphone

HarrySmith

I was born & raised in SNET territory, Stamford Connecticut. I had a phone installed in my bedroom by SNET when I was 15 years old. I got my first cell phone from them as well. If I had a shop I would definitely find a way to get it and install it in the floor.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

paul-f

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 21, 2020, 03:25:30 PM
Janet already said no to digging up the floor of the Phone room   ::) ....Doug

It would look so much better in the foyer. I suspect you'd get the same response, however.  ;)
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line