News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Vintage Gold Painted Round Base 102 Telephone

Started by Doug Rose, July 18, 2022, 11:51:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I won this on eBay taking a chance that the brass coating would come off as some of the chrome was showing through. I caught  break as the Brass finish rubber off fairly easy with White's brass polish and fine steel wool. I did not do the cradle as I wasn't sure I wanted it gone (yet). If you look at the plunger it has a lot of nickel showing. ..>Doug

https://www.ebay.com/itm/204001091386
Kidphone

RDPipes

Sweet, I seen this on the Bay and thought about bidding on it just for the dial and the other one they had up
but, I decided to bid on something else. Good catch I didn't even notice the chrome showing through. The ole eyes aint what they use to be.

Doug Rose

Quote from: RDPipes on July 18, 2022, 12:13:34 PMSweet, I seen this on the Bay and thought about bidding on it just for the dial and the other one they had up
but, I decided to bid on something else. Good catch I didn't even notice the chrome showing through. The ole eyes aint what they use to be.
thanks Ron. I think I will leave it like this for awhile. This is not a repro as the auction stated, just a repro bottom. The B1 is the real deal...Doug
Kidphone

RDPipes