News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Rare Vintage Western Electric 302 TEAL BLUE ROTARY TELEPHONE Thermoplastic 1950s

Started by Doug Rose, August 25, 2022, 07:23:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I woke up this morning to a $400 discount offer from the seller because I looked at their auction, $774 US was a really decent price for this, without seeing under the hood  8)

It was gone by the time I got the offer

Hopefully someone here got this beauty!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325315570294
Kidphone

poplar1

This is a Northern Electric 302 with WE plastics. Note the white "H1" (rather than vermilion) and the slot on the base pan for the induction coil.

Apparently, NE did not make 302 housings in color. I also had an early (ca
1959) aqua blue NE 500 with WE plastics.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

Doug Rose

Kidphone

poplar1

"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 25, 2022, 07:23:38 AMI woke up this morning to a $400 discount offer from the seller because I looked at their auction, $774 US was a really decent price for this, without seeing under the hood  8)

It was gone by the time I got the offer

Hopefully someone here got this beauty!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/325315570294
Congratulations Mr. Rose!  I wish I could find one at garage sale or something!  Dark blue is so rare, even in 500s.

Mike

Doug Rose

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on August 25, 2022, 06:40:02 PMCongratulations Mr. Rose!  I wish I could find one at garage sale or something!  Dark blue is so rare, even in 500s.

Mike
I did not win this, I was asking if someone on the Forum did?
Kidphone

MMikeJBenN27

Quote from: Doug Rose on August 25, 2022, 07:33:02 PMI did not win this, I was asking if someone on the Forum did?
My mistake, I thought you won it.  I sure wish I could afford it!

Mike