News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Bell Canada TV Commercial (funny)

Started by FABphones, March 20, 2023, 10:33:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FABphones

Had to share this humorous TV advert from Bell Canada.

Mom listening in on the extension and the in awe 'whoaaaa's' from the kids when the new modem begins it's handshake (sound)... 😆

'No, you hang up.'
Bell. Connecting you for 139 years.

NB: Does anyone notice anything unusual about the payphone (0:13) in the commercial?
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

MMikeJBenN27

Yup, it was a yellow wall phone instead of a pay-phone.

Mike

poplar1

Quote from: MMikeJBenN27 on March 20, 2023, 01:45:56 PMYup, it was a yellow wall phone instead of a pay-phone.

Mike

What yellow wall phone?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

MMikeJBenN27

My bad.  The frame that had the yellow wall phone was in a house, not phone booth.

Mike

MMikeJBenN27

Nope, don't see anything unusual about it.

Mike

TelePlay

Quote from: FABphones on March 20, 2023, 10:33:01 AMNB: Does anyone notice anything unusual about the payphone (0:13) in the commercial?

No finger wheel?

MMikeJBenN27

Hard to tell.  Picture is not very sharp, or my eyes aren't very sharp.

Mike

Kellogg Kitt

That was a nice trip through time.  I love the brown refrigerator and the yellow 2554 (0:23)!  My grandmother had a brown refrigerator, stove, and dishwasher, probably all purchased in the late 1960s or early 1970s.

Quote from: FABphones on March 20, 2023, 10:33:01 AMDoes anyone notice anything unusual about the payphone (0:13) in the commercial?

There is no instruction card.

Also, it seems to me that something else is missing from the pay phone.  The outer edge of the fingerwheel is protruding beyond the edge of the dial assembly, which is protruding from the base of the phone.  Was there an outer case or shell that is missing?

Wade

poplar1

Quote from: 3463319 on March 20, 2023, 09:46:10 PMThere is no instruction card.

Instruction card is on top, above the coin gauge

FABphones

No lower card frame, and it might be missing the finger wheel. Could be a clear version (image angle is difficult) but that centre dial area looks odd to me.

Great ad though.  :)
A collector of  'Monochrome Phones with Sepia Tones'   ...and a Duck!
Vintage Phones - 10% man made, 90% Tribble

HarrySmith

Looks like the finger wheel is missing. The retainer is protruding out of the mount.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

TelePlay

Quote from: FABphones on March 21, 2023, 02:23:40 AMNo lower card frame, . . .

Saw that but can not remember seeing a pay phone used in TV or movies that had that lower card, so didn't mention it.

Kellogg Kitt

Quote from: poplar1 on March 20, 2023, 10:14:01 PMInstruction card is on top, above the coin gauge

I see the instruction card holder there, but to me, it looks empty.  Maybe that is because of the video quality.

Wade

compubit

Re: Yellow wall phone - did BellCanada ever offer the 2554 model?

Jim
A phone phanatic since I was less than 2 (thanks to Fisher Price); collector since a teenager; now able to afford to play!
Favorite Phone: Western Electric Trimline - it just feels right holding it up to my face!

poplar1

Quote from: compubit on March 21, 2023, 10:33:12 PMRe: Yellow wall phone - did BellCanada ever offer the 2554 model?

Jim

They did have 1554s and 2554s. However, they were like a 554 with a round adapter for a Digitone (DTMF) dial. The "miniwall"  phone in the commercial is not a NE.