News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Blue 302 - Now you see it, now you don't

Started by easytiger, October 28, 2010, 09:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Congratulations Doug!  Good things come to he/she that waits.  It's beautiful.

Dewdrop

That is such a DREAMY phone to have.

Congratulations Doug!

Debbie
Debbie

Doug Rose

Kidphone

Russ Kirk

Doug,  you are so fortunate to get such a beautiful set. Have fun showing it off.  You have encouraged me to not be so skeptical of eBay  items.

Debbie,  so glad you transformed back to normal after last night.

Russ...
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

Doug Rose

Quote from: Russkirk on November 01, 2010, 11:03:16 AM
Doug,  you are so fortunate to get such a beautiful set. Have fun showing it off.  You have encouraged me to not be so skeptical of eBay  items.

Debbie,  so glad you transformed back to normal after last night.

Russ...
Russ....I don't think there is a phone collector who hasn't been burned on eBay. I do think the majority of sellers are good people (myself included!) Most have no idea what they have and sometimes we (buyers) think they should know everything about what they are selling. Being a seller I know this isn't possible. I don't know everything about the phones I sell and I feel I am somewhat knowledgeable. I have been reamed by potential buyers about my ignorance of what I am selling. Char! OMG! Unfortunately there are the unscrupulous few who are there solely to take advantage (there are buyers like that as well, believe it!). Part of the charm of eBay. I find eBay to be one huge flea market that is sometimes very tough to navigate. 95% of my transactions are great, but those 5% can make you think, "why do I ever bother with eBay! The Blue 302 was a fun ride and I am thrilled with it.....Doug
Kidphone

Kenny C

i'm a little late but congratulations!!!!!!
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Doug Rose

Quote from: Kennyc1955 on November 01, 2010, 01:48:01 PM
i'm a little late but congratulations!!!!!!
Thanks Kenny...speaking of 302s, how is your 5/37 coming???....Doug
Kidphone

Kenny C

fixing to get it painted. For now I am fixing a 1957 case that was notched for modular. I took a scrap case took out the mouse hole and I am super gluing it in. Then sand and polish.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

deedubya3800

I just went to see the link again, and here's what it says at the top of the page:

This Buy It Now listing has ended. You can find more items just like it below.

Yeah, fat chance! :D

McHeath

Okay wow!  You took that Victrola and turned it into some serious phone loot!  I'm very impressed that you were able to do this, you sir have the Midas touch.

Very very nice blue 302.

Doug Rose

Quote from: McHeath on November 02, 2010, 10:41:39 PM
Okay wow!  You took that Victrola and turned it into some serious phone loot!  I'm very impressed that you were able to do this, you sir have the Midas touch.

Very very nice blue 302.
McHeath...I received an offer I couldn't refuse including a pickup. My biggest fear was someone would really want it, but had no way to pick it up. It wasn't a real auction, it was more of an advertisement. When an item cannot be shipped, your sales are truly limited. When I was offered the price the Forum thought was top end for it, I went for it. Two days later I jump on eBay at the Blue 302 is staring at me. Synchronicity and a lot of luck....Doug
Kidphone