News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Is this a Skeleton?

Started by TelePlay, October 25, 2014, 08:23:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TelePlay

This was just listed on eBay in a 30 day auction with a BIN price of $1,175 plus $98 shipping from Uruguay.

This looks different that the limited number of Skeletons I seen over the past few years. Is this an early model or just a different model than those I've seen? This one doesn't seem as delicate and intricate as those I've seen. So, what is this?

ANTIQUE-October-29th-1895-ERICSSON-SKELETON-EIFFEL-TOWER-DECORATIVE-TELEPHONE

There are more photos on eBay.

Russ Kirk

I saw this one too.  I am so weary of buying phones and sending big bucks to people in other countries.
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Russ Kirk on October 25, 2014, 08:30:09 PM
I saw this one too.  I am so weary of buying phones and sending big bucks to people in other countries.
To be fair, this person has a 570 feedback ratings, with the worse being neutral. But, I would worry especially with this phone that it would break during transportation.

Ben

Matilo Telephones

It is a skeleton as far as I can tell. It has les elaborate details than some. It is plain black without decals. Some companies would have them like that.

Also the teardrop decoration on the cradle varies. The GPO, I have been told, would break them off before shipping them to customers.

I do not know of any maker making a telephone so similar to the Ericsson Skeleton. So what else would it be?
Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones

TelePlay

Quote from: Matilo Telephones on October 26, 2014, 07:04:02 PM
It is a skeleton as far as I can tell. It has les elaborate details than some. It is plain black without decals. Some companies would have them like that.

Also the teardrop decoration on the cradle varies. The GPO, I have been told, would break them off before shipping them to customers.

I do not know of any maker making a telephone so similar to the Ericsson Skeleton. So what else would it be?

Thank you. That makes sense. At first glance, it looked like a frame someone may have made in a metal shop to simulate the more ornate skeleton.  I have no problems with this phone, its asked price, location, shipping or the seller. I just wanted to know if Ericsson made a more simple, less ornate, less delicate version of the Skeleton, and thanks to you, it seems they did.

dsk

I have one in slightly better shape, and I will say this are the real thing.
Mine are working, but are missing the centrifugal switch.

dsk

Matilo Telephones

This one is actually not too bad. Everything seems to be there, even the wall connector block.

Coincidentally, I was contacted by a Uruguayan collector I know about another skeleton. It was not the same phone. Seems like they have a lot of them there.

Groeten,

Arwin

Check out my telephone website: http://www.matilo.eu/?lang=en

And I am on facebook too: www.facebook.com/matilosvintagetelephones