News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Cronological Order of Forum Topics

Started by gands-antiques, February 06, 2012, 10:28:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gands-antiques

Will someone please tell me how to align topics in any forum in chronological / date order?

The topics seem to be listed in random order and not aligned by date order.

Thanks,
Gary

jsowers

In category view, if you click "Last Post" at the top and the arrow points down, it arranges it chronologically by the last post. There are some posts of particular interest pinned to the top by the moderator (that have a pin icon on the left) and below that they start with the most recent post.

As to getting all the threads in order by when they were started, I don't think that's possible. You can also click the link on the page you get when you first logon, called "Show unread posts since your last visit" and that will show you everything you haven't read. If you have to quit before reading them all, when you return you can click the link at the bottom of the unread topics page that says "Show all unread topics" and get everything you haven't read yet.
Jonathan

AE_Collector

Quote from: jsowers on February 07, 2012, 09:29:30 AM
If you have to quit before reading them all, when you return you can click the link at the bottom of the unread topics page that says "Show all unread topics" and get everything you haven't read yet.

Thanks for this tip Jonathan. I had never noticed that link at the bottom of the page but I had frequently noticed that when I left and came back to the unread topics list, many of them had disappeared without me having read them.

Terry

gands-antiques

Thanks for the info jsowers....this does help.

It seems like it would be nice if the posts could be sorted or arranged by date or subject or initiator, etc. kind of like an email system or like an Excel spread sheet.    Just a thought......

Thanks,
Gary