News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

A Sweet Deal!

Started by Dennis Markham, August 09, 2009, 11:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Wouldn't this look nice on your coffee table?
http://tinyurl.com/lbxt9n

Phonesrfun

Well, that is better than turning a phone into a lamp.

So, what this amounts to is that someone with an imagination had a telephone shell and decided to put lipstick on the pig, so to speak, and put it up on e-Bay.

Anyone who has a business and displays their phone collection could put one of these on the front counter for the customers.  Dan, you could do this, but you'd probably want to stock it with sugarless candy!

Cheers,  Bill
-Bill G

Dan

Honestly, he needs a candlestick lamp hovering over it to light up the candy display!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan

Bill it looks like we are channeling each others thoughts!
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dennis Markham

I've seen them with a potted plant stuck in the open hole too.  As you said Bill, it's better than turning it into a lamp. 

McHeath

Pretty funny, and not nearly as upsetting as the typical "I turned it into a cute lamp" phones we often see.  I've even got a couple of bases and shells that could become a candy dish, especially a late model 2500 which does not even have the traditional hookswitch mechanism but instead has a cheap plastic job that screws to the upper shell. 

mienaichizu

I agree its better than turning it into a lamp

NYFED

Greg G.

I've got half a mind to ask him what he did with the "non-working" innards, and if he still has them.  Looks like an AE?
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e

Phonesrfun

Yep, it is (was) an AE 80.

-Bill
-Bill G

HobieSport

Funny; if you do an Ebay search for "telephone" + "candy" some strange items come up, like telephone shaped candy dispensers, and lollipop and chocolate molds.
-Matt