News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Telephone repair for a different generation.

Started by Kenny C, April 16, 2011, 07:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny C

I recently cracked my iPhone 3GS' screen. The charges to fix it were more than I wanted to pay so I got a repair kit from amazon.com and repaired it myself. It costed 9-10 dollars to fix it. I would say I did well. :)

The phone Is held together by 7 tiny screws. TOO MANY SMALL PARTS!!!!!! It cracked by falling off of a couch cushion. True iPhone has nothing on a 500. But it was fairly easy to repair.

Here are some pictures.

In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

Phonesrfun

Good Job, Kenny, but you know a 500 would never break from falling off a couch, but on the other hand, it can't take any pictures either.
-Bill G

Dennis Markham

Glad you got your iPhone fixed, Kenny.  Funny cartoon Bill. 

Jim Stettler

We had an I pod's screen shatter on a freak fall.  :o It shattered because of a piece of gravel . ???
The Apple store said it was out of warrenty.   >:(

However, we will take care of you  ???  Here is a "free " Brand new replacement  I pod  :o

Would you like anything else?
We bought deluxe cases and protectors for 2 I pods. The Apple store was very Cool. I will deal with them again.

A very satisfied customer,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Kenny C

I actualy enjoyed doing it something new I guess.........

Like the cartoon bill  ;)............

I didnt go to Apple I dont have the apple plan. Their stuff is pretty good. I had the iPhone 3G for over a year and it just stopped charging. I was getting a new one soon.

I have a protective case on it now.
In memory of
  Marie B.
1926-2010

GG

Dude!  Successful outcome! 

I was highly skeptical that those things could be fixed.  You were right and I was mistaken. 

----

"Square is the new Cool."