News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Japanese Rotary Phone

Started by mienaichizu, November 20, 2008, 02:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mienaichizu

Another phone I newly acquired. Japanese made from the 60's. The phone is is till in good working condition and it is ringing

What do you think guys

bingster

That's the first Japanese phone I've ever seen.  The base looks very European.
= DARRIN =

mienaichizu

Quote from: bingster on November 20, 2008, 04:37:42 PM
That's the first Japanese phone I've ever seen.  The base looks very European.

I'm not sure of its make but I've seen a Hitachi Rotary Phone, it is almost identical to this one

Mark Stevens

Is it just me, or does is it shaped a little like a Kellogg 1000 "Red Bar"?  (particularly the view from the front)   

McHeath

Yeh, it does sorta resemble the Red Bar, and also sorta has an Automatic Electric feel about some of it as well.  Nice sleek phone.

mienaichizu

I've seen the inside of it but there's no indication of its model or make

I'll post some interior shots so you can better justify

mienaichizu

its been a while since i've posted this topic and here's the innards of the phone

Dan

So it has a chirpper or  buzzer and no bells?  I wouldn't know where to start with that one. It maybe built in 1963 or it is a model 63
"Imagine how weird telephones would look if our ears weren't so close to our mouths." - Steven Wright

Dan/Panther

Quote from: mienaichizu on December 04, 2008, 08:59:28 AM
its been a while since i've posted this topic and here's the innards of the phone

It appears a Red Bar rip off, is the ringer mechanism missing ?
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

Curious about that circuit board.  It looks awfully modern for 1963, were such boards being made then?  I just pulled the back off my 1964 RCA clock radio on my desk to compare, and it's circuit board is far more primitive looking, with big honking resistors and big gloppy solder traces and everything is big. 

bingster

I think the ringer/buzzer/whatever is in the flat ivory box on the left, with the yellow wires going to it.   Down at the lower left of that box is what looks like a volume slider. 
= DARRIN =

McHeath

That picture of the bottom of the phone, the label and numbers, could this phone have been made in July of 1982?  Hence the 82-7 mark.

Bill Cahill

The caps on the one board look like better caps of early 60's. Could this phone have been updated?
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

mienaichizu

that's the only mark I see inside the phone the B-63 so probably it is from the 60's but the wiring mechanism looks fairly modern as said by McHeath

there are no bell ringers instead, the ringer is composed by 2 aluminum nuggets near the ivory box (left side), one is short for low tone and another is long for high tone ring in which a small hammer or ram hit it to make it sound. It sounds very different from the brass bell ringers.

mienaichizu

Quote from: McHeath on December 04, 2008, 06:36:21 PM
That picture of the bottom of the phone, the label and numbers, could this phone have been made in July of 1982?  Hence the 82-7 mark.

maybe this phone was refurbish by the July of 1982 since the mark 82-7 looks like stamped later