News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Panasonic Easa Phone 308

Started by trainman, May 09, 2009, 02:05:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trainman

I just got my Easa Phone. I can tell this will make a great in house phone system. Also got the "offoce phone" that goes with it. Think of it as the main phone on the receptopnists desk. Been hitting the right buttons for the extensions to make my rotarys ring, as well as dialing from the roatries to the other rotaries. only has 8 extensions however.

Now its time to find jacks, wire, and a place to hang the unit.

I guess you don't really need the correct "offoce phone" to go with the system, because I don't think there is anything to program, unlike if you have bought an actual Panasonic PBX system.

The easa phone looks like theway to go for an in-house phone system.

HobieSport

Oh goody.  I also have the 308 with eight lines but I haven't figured it out yet.  I hope you can help me.

I simply want one phone to be able to call another phone for basic testing purposes for starters.  There are three main jacks rimed in black plastic and eight other line jacks.

Which jacks do I use for the two phones and how do I dial the second phone with the first phone?  Thanks for any suggestions.

I can see how these are good in-house systems, and I look forward to having to dial "9" first to place an out of house call.

trainman

The  extension phones are plugged into the plugs marked Extension. There is 11-18. Use the Extension number to call the other extension. For example, 2 phines are plugged into extension 11 and 14, use 11 or 14 to dial the phone.In other words the numer of the extension on the panel is the dial number of that phone.

Don't need a system phone, it works without it.

Steve

I'm interested in getting one of these myself.
will it up the REN?

do they work with just rotary phones connected?  if it does, is it translating pulse to tone? if so does that mean you can dial 1 for english from a rotary?
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

trainman

Mine out of the box is workig with rotary and pulse. I don't have it connected to an outside line. Just two phones calling each other. I haven't tried it to see how the volume is. I have both handsets to my ears and talking to them. At that distance can't really tell the voice quality.

You need a system phone to program the features,or to reset the unit to default features, and I don't have the right one.  I found a cd of panasonic phone manuals on ebay. Still muddling through it

If you guys want to use it connected to an outside line, you'll need to find a system phone. simply calling in-house phones it seems to work. The  systemphone I have works as an extension and it can transfer calls, but is is not the program phone. I'll look through the manual and post the correct program units.