Just another D1 with E1 and wooden box.

Started by Greg G., February 05, 2013, 09:53:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

Stock Market is open, I have to go in...early release  ;D
Kidphone

Jim Stettler

Quote from: HowardPgh on February 06, 2013, 04:47:58 PM
Is that original subset ringer a DC ringer, possibly for an intercom?
Howard

The single gong ringer was probably used to have a distinctive ring. That was the purpose of many of the different ringer types such as cow bells, sleigh bells, wood gongs ect.
JMO,
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

Sargeguy

Don't forget "Booby Bells" ;D

Another method was to cut slots in the sides of the bell to alter the sound
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Doug Rose

Greg....what I have came out of a 534A. Condition unknown. I would think these are a match, as the age is about the same. There are others with more expertise who can chime in. I am amazed i found this!!! PM me if you are interested....Doug
Kidphone

Sargeguy

From the diagram it looks like it is wired like a 295, which is basically the same as later subsets.  There should be holes that line up with the coils and condenser.  Take note of where the wires attach to the connecting block, there will be corresponding terminals on the walls of the 273.  The wiring diagram on the door should work.
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Greg G.

Ok, after trying every trick in the book and this forum, I gave up trying to get the spit cup off and took a pair of pliers and a hammer to it.  By then it was gouged and cracked anyway.  Once I got the spit cup off, it was easy to see why it wouldn't budge - it was caked with mold on the threads.  The transmitter appeared to have been missing the cover for some time.  I'm guessing that red stuff is decades of tobacco stains.

I screwed the cup and transmitter element on Anita's working 202 to check it out.  The amazing thing is that after 76 1/2 years and in that condition it still functions!  Not the greatest quality, but it works!
The idea that a four-year degree is the only path to worthwhile knowledge is insane.
- Mike Row
e