News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

How's your desk looks like?

Started by mienaichizu, February 08, 2009, 09:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis Markham

Bingster, that is a 1937 D1 with a seamless E1 with a bullet transmitter.  The dial is a 4J.  The cords are original as is the ivory leather base cover.  The handset cord is worn where it joins the phone.  I think it could be pulled inside the handset.  The celluloid dial plate is bubbly but it is what it is.  I don't plan on messing with it.  I think I posted a photo of the celluloid a while back.

Steve

That is a great shot Dennis. lots of eye candy. looks like you have all the 500 color sets, and tu-tone sets as well.
If you're a long way from home,
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,
Something just ain't right.

McHeath

Nice office Dennis, way too many 500s though.  In order to help you pare down you can send me a few of the castoffs.   ;)

It's enjoyable to see all your spaces, sorta puts a face on the whole online forum thing.  Now I can picture some of ya'll sitting at your desks, etc.

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dan/Panther on February 11, 2009, 07:04:05 PM
Quote from: mienaichizu on February 09, 2009, 09:30:04 AM
and here's a view of my study with my vintage stuffs and others

Is that ship the Titanic ?

D/P

yes D/P, that is a 1:600 scale model of the Titanic, ocean liners is one of my likes too. Im planning to get other models like SS Normandie or the Queen Mary

Dennis Markham

Thank you Steve.  I don't have them all yet.  Actually I only have two two-tone sets.  But I enjoy having those on my shelf.  

mienaichizu

Quote from: Dennis Markham on February 11, 2009, 06:47:06 PM
I finally cleaned my desk off enough to take a picture.  A converted bedroom, this is my office.

Nice office dennis, you sure have lot's of 500s there

Dennis Markham

Thank you for the compliments on the office.  I might have a couple more 500's squirreled away for a rainy day.  Some day I'd like to display my 554 models that I've been trying to get to match the 500's.  I have to build an addition.

McHeath

Quoteyes D/P, that is a 1:600 scale model of the Titanic, ocean liners is one of my likes too. Im planning to get other models like SS Normandie or the Queen Mary

Thought that looked like the Titanic in your office.  The Queen Mary is worth a tour if you're ever in Long Beach California, I've been on it a couple of times over the years.  There are several nice wooden phone booth on the ship, but I don't recall anything about what the phones were.

mienaichizu

Quote from: McHeath on February 12, 2009, 12:23:15 AM
Quoteyes D/P, that is a 1:600 scale model of the Titanic, ocean liners is one of my likes too. Im planning to get other models like SS Normandie or the Queen Mary

Thought that looked like the Titanic in your office.  The Queen Mary is worth a tour if you're ever in Long Beach California, I've been on it a couple of times over the years.  There are several nice wooden phone booth on the ship, but I don't recall anything about what the phones were.

oh yeah, the Queen Mary, one of my favorite ships, I really wanted to go there but im in the Philipppines

bingster

Thanks for the closeups, Dennis.  I really like the look of an ivory 202, and I'm working on a long-term project to make one for myself.  I don't want to paint any good parts, so I've been collecting trashed 202 parts that won't look good unless they're repainted.  For example, really rough, dull handset parts that will never look good again as-is.  I have everything I need except for a rough transmitter cap, a chrome fingerwheel,  and a piece of ivory suede for the bottom cover.
= DARRIN =

HobieSport

Speaking of desks, here is a picture of Tina Fey on the phone at her desk at NBC.
She has my vote.

McHeath

Strange, she looks kinda familiar....

Steve

It's not usually this clean but I thought I'd take a pic when it's cleared off.
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,

McHeath

Very nice workspace.  Like that desk and chair, how old are they?

Steve

I'm not sure of an exact date, but I would have to say very early 20th century. (pre WWI)
Can't sleep at night.
Grab your telephone,