News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

My Telephone Collection Pictures - AE_Collector

Started by AE_Collector, April 13, 2010, 12:16:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AE_Collector

Another couple of my Old Display Cabinets prior to the overhaul of the Family Room. These pictures are even older than 2005.

Terry

AE_Collector

Eventually I realized that I had saved very few AE Stylelines and that finding them in good shape now was beginning to be quite difficult. With some help from phone collector friends I got LOADS of them from the Turtle lake "Hoard of Phones" and now I have Stylelines in most of the colors that they were made in and both Rotary and Touch Call, Desk & Wall models. Plus a good number to sell or trade....one day!

Second to last picture is all desk models and the last picture is the wall models. I pretty much have two of each color with one being a desk set and the other a wall set and one of them is a rotary and the other is a touch call.

Terry

AE_Collector

I see that I don't have any pictures of my AE 90's or AE 43, 83 & 183 SpaceSavers so I will take some pictures and put them here.

Terry

AE_Collector

And I better leave a spot for the AE1, 2, 34, 35, 40 & 50's as well.

Terry

AE_Collector

Okay, that's enough for now. I will work at getting some better pictures right after I get some of the phones into presentable condition!

Terry

Dennis Markham

Wow!  Great collection, Terry.  Looks very well organized.  How many years have you been collecting these phones?

GTE Rick

Awesome!  Looks almost like a phonemart... Lol
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

AE_Collector

Dennis & Rick:

I started collecting phones probably when I was about 12 or so. I did a "take out" on an AE 50 in an abandoned house on my paper route! I also had a cousin who worked for BC Tel and he managed to acquire for me a couple of new in the box AE 40's that they handed out to schools presumably to teach kids how to use the phone. The 40's were left over stock that was never deplyed because the new modern looking AE 80's had arrived on the scene.

Then I got a GPO candlestick from an antique store for Christmas when I was still a teenager. There was no looking back and a couple of months after I got out of high school, BC Telephone was hiring and now 37 years later I am getting close to retiring.

I need to do a lot of restoring once I retire. I never get around to doing anything except wiping the dust off and putting them on a shelf.

Nice to see another AE/GTE guy on here Rick!

Terry

George Knighton

Annoying new poster.

AE_Collector

Really I am just a "Phone Hoarder"! Anyone can do that.

Try to not "accidentally" stumble on Doug Rose's phone collection pictures here on CRPF!

Terry

GTE Rick

Terry,

The first phone i every bought was a White Styleline W/touch calling.  I got it a a catalogue store in Buffalo NY.  I went in with the intention of getting a brown ITT Trendline with Tel-Touch...  ANd was told it was out of stock... I asked the clerk about this white phone i had seen in there bargain aisle, she said they were no longer carried that model and it was the last one they had... so i bought it... and thats ihow i got hooked on GTE/AE phones.... 

I finally found one with a electroluminescent disk in it, Just waiting for a current limiting plug to come in the mail to light it!

Rick
Small in size ... Smart in Style ... and it has a lighted dial.

AE_Collector

Wooden Phones and Candlesticks in my collection.

AE_Collector

AUtomatic Electric 80 & 80E's in my collection.

AE_Collector

Automatic Electric 90's in my collection.

AE_Collector

Automatic Electric 83 & 183 Spacemakers and 192 Starlite Wall Phones in my collection.