News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Hanging Candlestick NE SP20B

Started by Doug Rose, December 21, 2014, 06:46:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Rose

I know Sargeguy had started a thread, but I could not find it. I won an great  Hanging  WE SP20B form Forum Member Andy K1W1. It had the adapter to hang that had not been on any I have sen since I saw Sarge's beauty. This was a royal pain to strip of the remaining paint, but three hours of work I was happy. Mine is a Northern, but the bevel transmitter cup has a repro MP and does not accept a WE. The transmitter plate is copper as is the hookswitch and the rest is Brass. I have to clean up a Receiver with headrest that I have to finish. This was a b*tch to clean up, but came out better than expected. I wanted this stick the minute I saw Sarge's and found this was the way it was supposed to be. Great price....I got very lucky....Doug
Kidphone

Stubbypylon

Doug, did the beveled transmitter used to have a banana tag?  Northern didn't make a beveled transmitter to my knowledge.  But the Mechanical Department of the Bell Telephone Company of Canada did make one before Northern was a company.  They were five digit transmitters much like the American Bell 7 digit beveled transmitters.
Craig Stanowski

Sargeguy

Mine also had a different transmitter, identical to a Couch but not marked.  Maybe these were sold for interphone service and did not need the higher quality WE transmitters?
Greg Sargeant
Providence, RI
TCI /ATCA #4409

Doug Rose

Craig....this is the way I received it. No tag.

Greg....thanks for the info....Doug

Kidphone

Doug Rose

Forum Member Andy K1W1 who had this beauty on eBay, has a few of these. Andy said the Railroads used the "elephant ear" that mine is mounted with. Others like the one Sargeguy found used a long tube. In my years of collecting I had never seen one until Sarge found his. Its really cool when you find something new in collecting when you think you have seen it all. When I first saw it, I thought Sarge's was a mishmash of parts. How wrong was I??

If anyone has one, please post some pictures. This is such a different stick. I was fortunate to find this auction with everything I needed to display it as I had an old headset......Doug
Kidphone

unbeldi

Hmm,  who put the right angle adjustable joint mount, knee bracket, or whatever it's called, on this stick?
Seems it was made only recently (much later than the stick), no doubt.

Doug Rose

Well Karl....I was thrilled it was on there no matter when it was added.

Secondly the transmitter takes a Kellogg MP, I had a nice metal one and it looks much better without the repro MP, even though now the Mount is suspect. Still very happy with it...Doug
Kidphone

unbeldi

Quote from: Doug Rose on December 29, 2014, 06:24:21 PM
Well Karl....I was thrilled it was on there no matter when it was added.

Secondly the transmitter takes a Kellogg MP, I had a nice metal one and it looks much better without the repro MP, even though now the Mount is suspect. Still very happy with it...Doug

So, that means someone, or some refurbishing outfit, at some time built these from various parts, whatever was to be found for the goal. Looks like something to be used in a radio station or so with a headset, although a #635 transmitter would surely provide better quality.  Nevertheless a good place to store your headset.

Doug Rose

"A good place to store your headset."  Hmm, such high praise. Indeed it is a "good place." I am more than happy with it.....Doug
Kidphone