Phonesrfun

Posted with Gary Goff's permission:

SEVENTH ANNUAL
Northern California TELEPHONE COLLECTOR Show
Saint Francis Episcopal Church
1205 Pine Ave., San Jose, CA 95125
Saturday, November 7, 2009
8am to 1PM, ADMISSION $2 per person
Table Rentals: $10.00 ea. (Reserve now with $$)
Send check to: Gary Goff
3805 Spurr Cir., Brea, CA  92823
(714)528-3561 (Gary)  (408)377-5864 (Hal)

Simple Directions: Use Yahoo Maps or other internet based map service. The church is located in the vicinity of Hamilton East, past Bascom and Meridian.  Hamilton East becomes Pine after crossing Meridian.
Cell Phone Contact day of show: (714) 928-6352

THERE WILL BE A SILENT AUCTION AT 11:30AM.  Bring any and all items that you want to donate for the benefit of the two telephone clubs.  You may also use the auction for your own benefit.

Coffee and donuts provided.  Donations appreciated.
-Bill G

McHeath

I will be there, with bells on.  Never been to a phone show so it should be phone phun.  And the missus has even agreed to come along and "Do your phone thing for the day", so good deal.  And it's only 2 bucks a head to get in!

Phonesrfun

I wish I could come, but I know you will be in good hands.  Gary Goff is good people.

-Bill
-Bill G

Phonesrfun

PS:  Gary was very insturmental in helping me put the Seattle show together in June.  I met him at the 2008 Seattle show, when I was just a mere attendee.  Phone shows are a great opportunity to get phones, parts and hob-nob with others who share this unique hobby.  Meet new friends too.

-Bill
-Bill G

bellsystemproperty

I'm probably going to go too. Never been to one before, but it sounds fun. I'm looking for an Monophone model 40. It is a somewhat long drive, but it definitely sounds worth it.

edit- sorry didn't mean to revive a dead thread

McHeath

I don't think we have any dead threads, stuff will lay quiet for awhile, much like our phones, but can be revived. :)

I'm still planning to go, and I will take a bunch of pics and post them.  Never been to a phone show before and I've made a list of goodies I need.

bwanna

sounds like a good time, wish i could attend. instead i will be climbing telephone poles in the cold rain :(

heath, you better treat the missus to a nice dinner for being such a good sport :D and new shoes, maybe some jewelry.  ;)

will be expecting lots of pics :)

have fun!
donna

Phonesrfun

Reminder:

Gary Goff's Northern CA regional telephone Show will be this Saturday, Nov 7th in San Jose.

More information is at the TCI website under events.  Here is a link:

http://telephonecollectors.org/events/events.htm

-Bill G

bellsystemproperty

What exactly is a phone show? Is it like a flea market with a bunch of tables selling phones, or is it more like a dog show where people show off their phones? I'd like to go and get an AE 40, but I don't like auctions that much. I'd rather it be like a flea market type thing where you can walk around and look at what phone to select. Are the prices extortionate, or are they more reasonable since the people are likely to know what the phone is worth?

Phonesrfun

Pretty much a flea market with a theme of phones.  It is a chance for all the phone collectors of an area to get together and buy and sell and to tell lies and to get to know others.  Yes, there will be some displays, but it is mostly designed to bring phone collectors together to buy and sell. 

I hosted the Seattle show in June and it turned out real nice.

So, if you are looking for that certain phone, or you need a certain part, or whatever, that is the place to be.  If you are like me, you wind up finding out that there were a couple of things you did not have on your list that you find you just can't pass up.  Prices are always way better than e-bay.  Plus, there are folks there that have answers to lots of phone related questions.
-Bill G

bellsystemproperty

No shipping charges!!!!  ;D ;D ;D Okay then I'm definitely going unless I get the swine flu and die.  ;) I need my Monophone!

Phonesrfun

Kyle:

If you go to that same link and go to the bottom of the page there are some links to some of the larger shows under the caption of "What goes on at a telephone show"

Understand that the regional shows are not nearly as big as the large national shows, but you can get the idea.

-Bill G

bellsystemproperty

I know, I alreday looked at the pictures but I couldn't tell if it was a flea market type thing until you told me. I'm sure they still have at least some Monophones.

Phonesrfun

-Bill G

McHeath

Well we've got reservations at the San Jose Hyatt, which is nearby, and will be heading that way after work tomorrow.  Hopefully it will be good hunting as I have a list of parts needed, and if any choice phones happen to fall in my path then that will be gravy on top.

I'll bring back pics.