News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

WE 105B Box

Started by KyMike, September 13, 2014, 05:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyMike

Looking for the specifications and/or wiring diagram for a W.E. 105B telephone box.  The box contains a 449B, .5 MF capacitor, a terminal board stamped "8C KTU" and what I believe is a transformer or induction coil marked "REP 189D  6V56", also there is a round device (which I presume is a varistor) about the diameter of a dime but much thicker marked "37B  4-59".   There was a large square 4-pin jack connected across the varistor terminals on the board and both the jack and the 105B box were mounted under a desk bought surplus from South Central Bell some years ago.  I was thinking it might be possible to install a ringer and reuse this as a subset for a candlestick phone.

Mike

poplar1

105B refers to the empty box. Various KTUs (Key Telephone Units) of the angle bracket type can be installed in the 105-type apparatus box. The most common KTUs for it are the 1A KTUs. One 1A KTU is required for each line on a 1A Key System, for holding the line.

The 8C isn't listed in the following BSP, but perhaps it would interest you:
http://www.telephonecollectors.info/index.php/document-repository/doc_details/3115-518-112-421-tl
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

KyMike

Ok, thanks poplar1.  I suppose I will just reuse the terminal board and install a network and ringer from a later model phone in the box.

Mike