News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Experimental fingerwheels

Started by jsowers, June 09, 2011, 04:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsowers

Back in January, 2007 in those heady pre-Forum days, I came across an eBay auction for some unusual fingerwheels. They were attached to pages with descriptions and part numbers. I bid and didn't get them, but I did save the pictures and thought maybe all of you would like to ponder what would have happened if they had adopted some of these unusual designs.

The ones I can't quite understand are the ivory solid center fingerwheels. How would you see the phone number?

I think the black "Implex" one is very interesting. They thought of doing colored plastic and colored metal. I think the colored metal would have been a maintenance headache because of worn paint. And can you imagine trying to find a replacement today for a colored fingerwheel? I'm glad they stayed with the clear ones and stayed with black on the metal ones. Considering aqua blue is among the palette, I would guess this is 1957 or later. Possibly around 1959 when the Princess made its debut with the solid center fingerwheel.

Anyway, I thought you'd like to do some "what if" with these items. If anyone out there actually owns these unusual pages, better pictures would be good.
Jonathan

Doug Rose

Jonathan...I remember this auction. I emailed the seller but never got any definitive information on what they were or where they came from. I particularly like the Ivory open face finger wheel. I thought it would look amazing on a Ivory 302....Doug
Kidphone