News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Phones keep dialing wrong numbers.....

Started by Bill Cahill, January 25, 2010, 01:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Cahill

Lately, both of my WE dial phones have been getting alot of wrong numbers. No matter how carefully I dial, I have to repeatedly re-dial to get the right number.
I get everything from bee-bee-beep! The number you have reached is no longer in service to a rapid busy signal...
What's going on here????
Bill Cahill

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."

Phonesrfun

Could be one of several things.

First, are you on a telephone company provided line?

Second, how many phones with ringers do you have all connected at the same time?

If you have a standard telco line, I would check to see if you are lugging the line down with too many ringers.  Is it possible that you have recently added one more phone that is the straw that broke the camel's back?  5 phones at a time is the "standard" maximum, although that number can usually be violated without problems.  

Older phones tend to have higher ringer equivalence numbers (REN), so they can lug a line down a bit more per phone.  Also, an older phone may have a leaky ringer capacitor which could also cause this.

-Bill Geurts
-Bill G

bwanna

bill, do you have another phone that WILL dial out?

if you can't eliminate your set(s) as causing the trouble, it could be a cross on the telco line. call the repair dept & have them run a loop test. another possibility is bad office equipment.

btw..how are mike& diamond doing? :)
donna

Dan/Panther

Bill;
Crank your dial number 10, all the way around to the 1 position. Let it go and see how long it takes to return. it should take about 1 second to get back to home position, my guess is your dial is dirty and running very slow.
If so it needs a cleaning.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Doug Rose

Bill are they #2, #4 or #5s? If you have Comcast digital or any VOIP; that could be the issue. Until I hooked up my Panasonic 616, all my WE dials except the #6 had started to mis-dial at one time or another. Just a guess....good luck...Doug
Kidphone

Dan/Panther

I've heard about the dial return speed ever since I've been collecting phones, and when Bill said he had a problem, I suggested the dial speed might be the culprit.
So I attempted to make my 500's and 302's, and AE40 dial a wrong number by manually slowing down the dial return speed, I could not get a single one to miss dial a number. I think Dial timing is  a crock.....????.
Sorry Bill for the Bum advice.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Bill Cahill

I only have two phones connected right now. Dials are quick returning, not slow. Not gummy. It's a standard telephone line by Verizon.
These phones were doing great until three weeks ago.
I've had the wall phone on line for several months. The other for about three months.
The slow dial one hasn't been connected for over a year.
I'll have to call verizon about this.
Oh, and, Mike, and, Diamond are doing better. We are atempting to do more trainning of Diamond. She's a tough cookie.
She has a reallly strong neck, and, pulls people far stronger than me practically over.  :o
Bill Cahill  :(

"My friends used to keep saying I had batts in my belfry. No. I'm just hearing bells....."