News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Using a Panasonic 616 with a multi-line phone

Started by RotarDad, April 21, 2012, 10:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotarDad

I am tinkering with my 616 and planning to run wires to many rooms in the house so my kids can each have an extention, etc.  I was thinking I could also run wires for many of the extentions to a WE 564 or similar multi-line biz phone.   Then if one of my kids calls another, I could push the button for the recipient's line and have a 3-way conference call.  Is this correct?  Any thoughts here?  Thanks!!  Paul
Paul

AE_Collector

True Paul, though there are probably options within the Panasonic PBX to have a conference call as well. You have to remember that the old style Key Sets need additional equipment to make the lights and Hold function work and ringiong is an issue as well.

Terry

RotarDad

Thanks, Terry for the info.  I hadn't thought about the lights and ringer - makes sense that they wouldn't work without the proper equipment.  I know Doug Rose posted the 616 manual here - I should take a closer look at that as well.  Since I'll be under the house running the wire, I'm trying to do more thinking up front on this.....
Paul

Doug Rose

Kidphone