"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

Looking for info and parts for AE L-1506/1508(?) Ringer box

Started by RotoTech99, May 24, 2018, 08:32:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RotoTech99

Dear Forum:

I'm looking for info. on an AECO ringer box marked L-1506? or L-1508- CSL... (I couldn't read part of the code clearly.)

The ringer box is missing the brackets that support the terminal strip, and the cover. The bottom is bakelite, I believe.

There's an early Type 45 straight line ringer, a relay with contacts, a capacitor for a straight line ringer, and a neon lamp on the base.

I've attached photos of it; can someone, please tell me some more about it, and where I might find the cover, and other parts i need?
If anyone can assist me with this, please I would be thankful.

If anyone has the parts i need, please specify cost, if any, and where I can mail a money order.

Rototech99

rdelius

I think this was for paystation use. I think at one time Klenax made the covers

RotoTech99

Dear Rdelius:

Thanks, I wonder if there's a diagram for it?

I was hoping for a asis cover in decent shape, and the same for the brackets so I could save a little on fixing it up.

I wonder if the early Type 45 ringer will fit a 33 type AE ringerbox; if worse came to worse, that was what I was thinking of putting most of the ringerbox components in.

I wonder if there's a GTEP for it?

Please keep me posted if you find out anything else.

Rototech99

AE_Collector

Usually these extension fingers are L-1506 but they would only have a Ringer, capacitor and terminal strip. Another version is a complete subset with an induction coil under the terminal strip and a second condensor. I'm not sure what this one is exactly. I may have a cover as I have found that in my collection the back plate of these cases was more likely chipped around the edges than the cover was.

Terry

RotoTech99

Mine does indeed have a coil under the terminal strip, if that's what you're describing...it has movable contacts and a small armature at one end.

As to the cover, if the chips are minor that should be no issue, they can be smoothed down. The base on mine shows no chipping.

The small neon lamp is what puzzles me down by the ringer gongs... Unless it was some sort of control, I don't imagine you would see it flash inside the cover.

Do you have a wiring diagram?

What would you want for the cover?

Are you in the U.S. or Canada so I'll know if I need to send a int'l. money order?

Please let me know,
Rototech99

RotoTech99

I'd also need the brackets that support the terminal strip, please.

Rototech99

poplar1

Where are the payphone guys? Is this for an AE  "local prepay" phone?
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

RotoTech99

Dear Poplar1:

If it is, I got a 3 slot AE payphone I'm working on getting the vault door for, and upper and lower locks for that it might go nicely with.

At the moment, I'm looking for the cover and terminal support brackets, and a, wiring diagram.

I gotta admit, at first I thought it was a Leich 901 base til I looked it over good.

It came in a box of odds and ends from an old antique shop locally.

I've attached a pic of the base for you.

Rototech99

kleenax

Quote from: rdelius on May 24, 2018, 09:20:06 PM
I think this was for paystation use. I think at one time Klenax made the covers
It is a standard AE type 32 (or is it 31?) bakelite subset. I believe the AE catalog 4055 tells more about them. I have never made parts/covers for these, but I DO have some parts/components for them.
Ray Kotke
Recumbent Casting, LLC

AE_Collector

Yes this case style is most often just a "Type 32" Ringer (the newer square extension Ringer with a plastic cover is a Type 33 Ringer). But there is a full subset version with induction coil mounted under the terminal strip and the cases do get used for other things as well such as whatever this one is.

My moneys on Poplar1's theory that is is for a local Prepay AE payphone only because I recall reading something about a modified subset Ringer for that application in the past. I am not sure what the specific requirement of a relay in that application is but someone will explain it!

Terry