"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

I want to attend this guy's school

Started by JorgeAmely, May 30, 2010, 11:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JorgeAmely

Another beautiful Kellogg phone:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220612464975&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT
( dead link 09-14-21 )

With almost seven days to go, it already achieved low orbit prices.

Jorge

Dennis Markham

Me too, Jorge.  That is the cream of the crop right there.  Fantastic work!

AE_Collector

Frank always produces Masterpieces and accordingly he gets incredible prices for his phones.

Terry

Dan/Panther

Boy, I don't think I could part with that.
D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

McHeath

Another wow phone!  Way out of my league, that's for sure.  I can't even get NOS plastics to shine up like that. 

bwanna

ah....who wants a phone this shiny anyway. probably shows all the fingerprints. ::)
if you click on the "about me" link in his listing, he details the refurbishment process. quite the craftsman, indeed!
donna

gpo706

Frank : "I am a perfectionist".

Thats self evident, such an utterly immaculate piece, gosh I'd be loathe to even lay a fingerprint on it, amazing!
"now this should take five minutes, where's me screwdriver went now..?"

Dan/Panther

Donna;
I know what you mean, everybody and their brother would want to touch the phone and drive me nuts.

Jorge;
I would love to know his method of Bakelite restoration. They must be near perfect when he gets them.

McHeath;
I guess we just don't spend days on each part, I just don't have the patience.

GPO;
That's goes beyond perfection...In the famous words of Bwanna, Can we say; "Excessive compulsive disorder" Or something like that.

D/P

The More People I meet, The More I Love, and MISS My Dog.  Dan Robinson

Russ Kirk

It goes to show the importance in the photo quality for eBay listings. The white background and lighting really show off the phone,  maybe much better than when it would set on my ordinary brown bookshelf.  I have seen the eBay listings with better photos fetch the higher prices. 

Russ....
- Russ Kirk
ATCA & TCI

HarrySmith

I agree quality photos make a much more appealing item. Lighting, background, flash and angle all make an important statement, and not just about the item. I have seen auctions with a messy, cluttered room or counter in the background and find myself thinking UGHH, if he lives like that how nice can it be! I have also experienced it with several of my items on eBay, my wife and I have purchased and sold quite a few Lladro porcelain figures. There have been other auctions with the exact same figure running at the same time as ours for half the price we were asking. Ours sold and the other did not. The only differences we could see were our pictures and description. I use different colors and textures for the background to get the most appealing look. JMHO

Harry
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

bwanna

i agree, presentation is everything!

btw, d/p....obsessive compulsive disorder.....excessive works, too.  ask my family what happens if the shower curtain is left open......
donna

JorgeAmely

Donna:

Do you care to elaborate more on your comment below?  ;D ;D ;D
Jorge

bwanna

jorge, i knew as soon as i hit the button.....that doesn't sound right :D

donna

Jim Stettler

Bwaana,
It doesn'ty sound right. I am sure Jorge is waiting for the answer. You should post it. :D
Jim
You live, You learn,
You die, you forget it all.

JorgeAmely

Donna:

An easy way out is to say: "They complaint about the cool temperatures".  ;)
Jorge