News:

"The phone is a remarkably complex, simple device,
and very rarely ever needs repairs, once you fix them." - Dan/Panther

Main Menu

What is the rarest color for the AE50'S

Started by jfrutschy, August 06, 2013, 09:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfrutschy

I have found two colored ae50's in a private collection so it got me thinking ?  I have seen the the Ivory one on EBay. 

Mr. Bones

I love my AE50's!

Any pictures of the coloured ones from the private collection? Can't help but admit some serious curiosity, here! :D

Best regards!
Sláinte!
   Mr. Bones
      Rubricollis Ferus

WesternElectricBen

Quote from: Mr. Bones on August 06, 2013, 11:31:49 PM
I love my AE50's!

Any pictures of the coloured ones from the private collection? Can't help but admit some serious curiosity, here! :D

Best regards!

Have you got my email? Sorry if you did, I know your buisy!

Ben

AE_Collector

Orchid (purple) is likely the rarest color. That is the color that almost always fades to a very light blue color.

What colors did you get or do you have them yet? Sure wish I had luck like that!

Terry

jfrutschy

Okay folks, I will give you all a sneak peak @ them.  They are both promised to me from this collector.  I have gotten very very lucky to find both!!!   And he is no hurry to sell them.  He retired and is just taking his time he told me.  Just paid for the beige one.  It has a crack by the finger stop. But couldn't pass the color up.

I will give you the straight dope.   $600 each!   Hope you like em!!!!  $1200 for the ae40 red.  Starting with beige then ivory....then that ae40.

John

HarrySmith

WOW :o
Very nice phones! Just beautiful! The extensicords look brand new! I think the Ivory 50 is my favorite.
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

AE_Collector

Nice combination of gold trim with red on the AE 40. Does look as though they have new Extensicords. Great instant colored AE collection!

Terry

AE40FAN

I could only dream of having a red AE40!  I'd love to see people post more pics of their colored Monophones.

jsowers

Does anyone have a list of exactly what colors the AE 50 came in? I've seen color brochures with the AE40 desk model and beige is not one of the colors pictured. Ivory, yes, but not beige. As with WE, they may have changed over the years. Paul's site lists the following as colors for the AE50:

black, mahogany, chinese red, orchid, nile green, royal blue, maroon, walnut, old ivory and jade green

Beige only comes into the picture for the AE 80 and 90 and on, which is similar to when it came into the picture at WE. I hope that beige AE50 isn't painted. I don't see any paint loss, but that's not always an indication of a paint job. It would be nice to see inside the phone and the handset.
Jonathan

JorgeAmely

Quote from: jfrutschy on August 07, 2013, 08:30:21 AM
... snip ...  $1200 for the ae40 red.  Starting with beige then ivory....then that ae40.

John

I am still hoping to find one for $25 at a local garage sale.  :'( :'( :'(
Jorge

HarrySmith

I can't see anything to indicate it was painted. If it was it is a great paint job! Magnifying the picture and looking at the vents it looks perfectly smooth. If it was painted I would expect to see some spots that were not covered perfectly or a run where it pooled in there. Great phone!
Harry Smith
ATCA 4434
TCI

"There is no try,
there is only
do or do not"

jfrutschy

No it is not a re-paint.  I have seen one before.   Found this man's site, a while back,  he has one also.  He said it wad a color he never before seen.

Googled Gary's Telephone collection. 

Telephonecollector.info.   NoT believe.  My tab wouldn't let me send a link. 

Maybe I should use one of the phones and and just call.  There just to cool!!!

poplar1

I seem to recall that the beige was offered only on the ship phones.
"C'est pas une restauration, c'est une rénovation."--François Martin.

paul-f

Quote from: jsowers on August 07, 2013, 01:21:03 PM
Does anyone have a list of exactly what colors the AE 50 came in? I've seen color brochures with the AE40 desk model and beige is not one of the colors pictured. Ivory, yes, but not beige. As with WE, they may have changed over the years. Paul's site lists the following as colors for the AE50:

black, mahogany, chinese red, orchid, nile green, royal blue, maroon, walnut, old ivory and jade green

Beige only comes into the picture for the AE 80 and 90 and on, which is similar to when it came into the picture at WE. I hope that beige AE50 isn't painted. I don't see any paint loss, but that's not always an indication of a paint job. It would be nice to see inside the phone and the handset.

Photos of beige AE50s with the handset clips have surfaced several times in the past.  I haven't seen anything in any AE documentation yet.  Hopefully something will turn up eventually.

In the meantime, I have added beige to the color chart as a "found set."

Here are interior photos of a different set from a past auction.

Is the blue AE50 in the photo above a production set, or a Kotke creation?

I'm still looking for documented confirmation that the AE50s were made in Orchid, Nile Green, Royal Blue and Maroon.
Visit: paul-f.com         WE  500  Design_Line

stub

WOW !!!!!!! :o!!!!!!!!!! Don't nobody wake me up from this dream!!!!!!!!!!   stub

paul-f ,
          I couldn't find beige ( sand) but AE Catalog  4055 F , pg. 10 , had standard colors ( Mahogany , Walnut , Chinese Red , Old Ivory , Royal Blue , and Black ) and added the other four- Jade Green , Nile Green, Orchid and Maroon. I don't have a catalog 4055 E to look in to see if AE also added beige or sand. What's the print date for the 4055  F catalog ? I have a TCI reprint.   stub

Anyone out there have a copy of AE Catalog 4055 E that they would like to share ? stub
Kenneth Stubblefield